Main Menu

Holley's mid-mount serpentine system

Started by Skdmark, September 08, 2021, 05:37:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Skdmark

This looks quite interesting from Holley.
I wonder if this eliminates the notching down by the frame rail. Installing a G3 Hemi gets more and more interesting.

https://moparconnectionmagazine.com/holleys-new-complete-mid-mount-serpentine-accessory-system/

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Chryco Psycho

Looks like a great option , Holley seems to be doing some of the support pieces to install G3 Hemis which is great !

Filthy Filbert

I was excited until I clicked the link to the part/kit.

$2000?!    ouch! 

anlauto

I love the fact that Holley and it's family of companies is bringing out parts dedicated to installing a Gen III Hemi into specific cars like our E Bodies...Cooling systems, fuel systems and now these type of engine accessories ... The price is reasonable when you compare it to buying the three front kits, Alt/AC/PS separately from Chrysler.. :alan2cents:
However...It changes the placement of everything, meaning if you're using the factory harness that comes with the 393 kit, you would have to cut into it quite a bit to wire the alternator now on the opposite side. :headbang:  Also the placement of the AC makes it way easier to use the aftermarket kits available, however you engine compartment will be covered with ugly AC hoses in my opinion... :thumbdown:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Filthy Filbert

The article said that the alternator does not need the computer to control it's output, it sounds like GM style "one wire" alternator.