Main Menu

what else would i need hemi swap

Started by 74challenger, May 17, 2021, 12:08:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

74challenger

hello I found a pretty good deal on a 2005 5.7 hemi and nag1 with wire harness and computer cluster and modules and mounts. all from a 05 300c. Is there a swap kit to make it easy or do I have to source things out? also what else would i need?

thanks David

anlauto

Will the Nag1 fir without cutting the floor ? :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JpRngr

Quote from: anlauto on May 17, 2021, 12:15:57 PM
Will the Nag1 fir without cutting the floor ? :thinking:

Mine did. Got to modify the TB crossmember and grind unnecessary nibs off the case, but don't HAVE to cut up the floor.

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: 74challenger on May 17, 2021, 12:08:26 PM
hello I found a pretty good deal on a 2005 5.7 hemi and nag1 with wire harness and computer cluster and modules and mounts. all from a 05 300c. Is there a swap kit to make it easy or do I have to source things out? also what else would i need?

thanks David

Did you also get the shifter from the donor car? It has a module in it too.

Also, you will need to have a speed sensor ring bolted to the output of the transmission. Hit up sound German automotive for a nag1 kit
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Chryco Psycho

You willneed a mount kit to sit it on the factory K frame ,
TTI headers
Milodon oil pan & pick up
Somany little parts to adapt , heater & power steering hoses , gas pedal ....

MoparLeo

Also be aware that the early 5.7 cylinder heads have the potential for the valve seats coming loose. New or reman heads with updated seats should be on your list. Later 5.7 were a better motor and are still very reasonable. I believe that 2005 was the last year for plug wires and later years are coil on plug. Computer work depends on whether you are going carburetor or staying Fuel Injection.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...