Main Menu

New member from New Jersey

Started by 70challengerrt, November 08, 2018, 02:15:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70challengerrt

Hello, I have been following this website for The last couple months since I have acquired my ebody and I finally have decided to join. A couple months back I heard rumors from a friend of mine that he was thinking of selling his true 1970 Dodge Challenger rt convertible with its original numbers matching drive train. The car has the original 440 magnum with its original slapstick transmission and rear end. Knowing how rare these mopars are I knew I couldn’t pass up the offer so I bought it. The owner who sold me the car had owned the car since late 1970 and he basically is the original owner. The owner before me saved everything from the car including the original saddle tan interior, panels, and the original convertible boot, build sheet, and many more items. The old owner lightly restored the car but he left the dark green metallic engine bay paint original because he didn’t want to take the engine out. He lightly repsrayed the engine over but after I scraped some of the new orange engine paint off the valve covers the original orange paint from the factory is still their. I hope to learn alot more about these fascinating rare mopars. I have attached some photos below. Seems like a great bunch of people on this website.

EDIT to rotate pictures by Spikedog08 . . .

6Pack70

Wow!  Welcome from New York.... congrats on your purchase.  That Challenger looks great!!!   :perfect10:

Finoke

Welcome from Horsham Pa, beautiful vert!  :banana:

1Burgfish

:wrenching:  :welcome: Your car is in great shape considering it being in New Jersey; I remember looking for EBodies in New Jersey and they would come up far and few in between and the ones that were available were rusted pretty bad and they wanted insane money for them. Looks like you have a car that only came out from the Garage in the summer.  Congrats. :ohyeah: 

CudaMoparRay

Plumcrazzy

Brads70

Rich G.

Welcome. Lots of info here. What part of Jersey?

Cuda Cody

Welcome @70challengerrt   :welcome:  That is one awesome car!!!!   :perfect10:   :banana:  You found a rare one for sure.   :1place:

anlauto

1 of 129 built to US Specs....That's a great find....Several of the bigger collectors I've spoken to, all think big block E Body convertible are the next big investment car.. :clapping:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70challengerrt

@Rich G.  Hello, I found the car in Toms River and I live in Monmouth County.

Jay Bee

:wave:  Welcome aboard from Ontario  :canada:  Congrats on your gem.

70challengerrt

RUNCHARGER

Welcome from B.C. Canada. That's a great car.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: 70challengerrt on November 08, 2018, 07:06:57 PM
@anlauto  :banana:

Freshly, correctly, restored examples of your car JS27U0's are quickly reaching the six figure mark, 4 spd versions are already there... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration