Main Menu

1971 Barracuda windshield wiper will not go to the home position

Started by Rick Jensen, April 30, 2020, 10:27:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rick Jensen

The first suggestions I have received was to make sure I have a good ground.  I did that on the motor and the switch, grounded them directly to the battery, did not work.  I put the switch in slow mode and the windshield wiper works, I can pull that wire off the switch and put it to the green wire, which is the ground on the switch, and the wipers will go to the home position.  That tells me that the motor is okay and the problem should be in the switch.  I put another switch, used one, and it does the same thing.  Just wondering if anyone else out there as had the same problem.  I hate to buy a new switch, which is $250 if I have a different problem.   Thank you.

Rick Jensen

JS29

:welcome: @Rick Jensen From central New York, js restorations repairs that kind of stuff.   :cheers:                                                                                               Bruce Somer  (www.NS1AAR.com E-Mail)   (somerbr1@aol.com) another one to try. :alan2cents:

Rich G.

My motor only had one speed and would not park. Had this happen on 2 different cars and on both of them I ran a ground wire to the plate that the switch is mounted to and then everything worked perfectly. Don't know if that's your problem but it worked for me.

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama Rick  :wave:
If you need a switch you can contact JS Restorations , he rebuilds & tests all switches for these and many cars .

CudaMoparRay

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: and good luck with the wiring issue, too!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"