Main Menu

Another guy from the C-C forum

Started by MoparJunkie, May 06, 2017, 10:16:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MoparJunkie

Hello my name is Kris. I am on the C-C forum with the same name as here (keep things simple). I noticed Cody's 1970 build sheet decoder he made. Super cool and I will be here to test out the 1971 decoder when it arrives.

A bit about my car and me for those not on the C-C forum:
I've been a long time Mopar fan, but have owned late models only. This is my first old school muscle build (with lots of help from a friend).  I bought my 1971 project L code GY9 (383 2bbl) challenger in 2013. Started work on it in 2014. At this point, I wish I was farther than where I am, but as long as I'm moving forward getting something done it's better than nothing, lol. I'm not a big fan of the GY9 (Dark Gold) paint so it will be painted Mopar 2014 High Octane Red. That is my goal for the year, finish up the body work and start on the paint.

Here are some pics of when I bought it:

How it looks now:

blown motor

Welcome to the site. There seems to be lots of west coast e-bodies.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

RUNCHARGER

Welcome from B.C. Canada, nice 71.
Sheldon

Challenger in NC

Cool car. What motor are you installing?

71GranCoupe

:welcome: Kris, I am located in Spokane as well. I will have to give you a call when I get back in town. Nice looking car too. Can't wait to see it in person.  :cheers:

MoparJunkie

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on May 06, 2017, 10:44:46 AM
:welcome: Kris, I am located in Spokane as well. I will have to give you a call when I get back in town. Nice looking car too. Can't wait to see it in person.  :cheers:

Cool to meet more local Mopar people! The only guy I have meet so far a couple years back I took these quick shots of his 70 cudas

MoparJunkie

Quote from: Challenger in NC on May 06, 2017, 10:43:03 AM

Engine is a 440 > 500 stroker (440 Source)

On a side note, does anyone have a recommendations for a place to store photos? I've been storing photos on photobucket for years, but lately they are riddled with so many ads that it takes forever to load a page or upload an image.

Challenger in NC

I use a couple places. Flikr and Amazon Prime photo (free if you have a Prime membership). Snapfish is another.

JS29

Cuda Cody

:welcome:  Great to see you here @MoparJunkie    :banana:  Thanks for sharing the photos.  You'll find you can post photos on this site SUPER easy.  No need to re-size or anything.  The program does it all for you.  Step 5 shows you how to post Photos:

https://forum.e-bodies.org/forum-help-and-suggestions/14/how-to-post-on-the-forum/558/

If you want to store photos somewhere else beside in the thread, we have a gallery too.  Click the "Gallery" link in the upper header.  It's also pretty cool to post videos too!

https://forum.e-bodies.org/forum-help-and-suggestions/14/how-to-post-a-video-in-a-thread/907/

Be sure to check out the Prize Shop too.  Free stuff for members who posts topics or reply in threads.   8)

Quote from: MoparJunkie on May 06, 2017, 11:15:21 AM
Quote from: Challenger in NC on May 06, 2017, 10:43:03 AM

Engine is a 440 > 500 stroker (440 Source)

On a side note, does anyone have a recommendations for a place to store photos? I've been storing photos on photobucket for years, but lately they are riddled with so many ads that it takes forever to load a page or upload an image.

ec_co

:welcome: great looking project, I love the '71 Challengers. I spent most my life in the Spokane area (grew up in Greenbluff) but live in Colorado now. I think a lot of us get the 'I wish I was further along' theme, I towed my Barracuda home from Greenbluff in 2014 and I'm further behind than you are, lol. but $$ doesn't grow on trees :)
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site!  Glad you came aboard!   :handshake:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Jay Bee

:wave: Welcome from St. Catharine's, ON  :canada:

J-Code Jeni

:welcome: from SW Washington! We're glad you joined! Btw- I'm one of the few who like Dark Gold and of course, High Octane Red will be gorgeous on your '71!

FYI- In addition to the ease of posting photo's, another thing to know is that you get 'credit' for posting on this forum. Check out the Prize Shop for details and to view all the things you can 'buy' for FREE!  :D

Rev-It-Up

Welcome to the site! I look forward to watching your build!  :welcome:
Rev-It-Up