Main Menu

Another new guy.

Started by DodgeThis, August 08, 2022, 01:44:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DodgeThis

Hello!  I'm new to Challengers and Dodge. I bought a 1972 Challenger, 340, 4spd back in May. I would like to thank you all for help I have received just by searching this site. I bought it from a dealer in Texas. I don't know who built the engine or it's specs, so that kind of sucks. It does sound like it has a healthy cam. The block is a 73, 70 J heads I think. Long tube headers. Holley Torker intake with a Holley 4778-5 700 cfm carb. I did talk to the previous owner but he didn't know much about the engine. He did say it has solid lifters. If anyone knows this car I would be grateful for any info on the engine internals.
1972 Challenger
2014 Corvette Z51
2011 Raptor

Dakota

:wave: Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY!  I have a 70 Challenger with a 340... mostly stock.   It's a blast to drive around town in.   What are your plans for the car?   Hard to tell for sure from the pictures, but the body looks to be in good shape.

DodgeThis

The body is a good 20 footer. It does have some cracks in the paint in a few places. Some obvious bondo spots. The under side looks really good as well as the interior. I didn't want a show car because I plan to daily drive it when the weather is nice. On my 4th drive the clutch started slipping so that was my first major project. I put in a Centerforce duel friction, much nicer now. I pretty much like how the car was done so I have no plans to change much, just fix the little things. 
1972 Challenger
2014 Corvette Z51
2011 Raptor

DodgeThis

1972 Challenger
2014 Corvette Z51
2011 Raptor

Mopsquad

Welcome to one of the best forums on the web!

JS29

:welcome:From central New York!  :handshake:

Brads70

blown motor

Welcome. Good looking car! I have a 74 with a couple paint cracks and some no do but all of that doesn't matter when you punch the pedal. I've thought of repainting but I'm sure it would be 15-20 K and yes it would look a little better but it wouldn't be any more fun to drive. I get lots of thumbs up now so I guess it'll stay the way it is.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

Here's another welcome from Ontario,  :canada: and congrats on your recent purchase! As you said, the car seems to have a healthy cam and 20 footer bedamned, it looks good. Enjoy!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

CudaMoparRay

MKA

Welcome from Florida.  Love that color.  Clean car. Awesome to have as a  daily driver

nsmall

Awesome car.  I'm in Washington state but I'm north of Spokane an hour not sure where you're at.  I say enjoy the car the way it is because once you paint it it limits what you can do with it.  Are you happy with the performance cuz there's all kinds of little changes you can make to wake it up as I know my 340 was kind of a dog but I made some changes and now it rips.  I have j heads in a 73 340 also.

Blowout

Welcome, very nice as is man! Enjoy it.

Chryco Psycho

71GranCoupe

Welcome aboard from another Washington state member. Nice looking ride.  :welcome: :perfect10: