Main Menu

Gidday from New Zealand

Started by gravyboy, April 03, 2018, 02:51:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the site @gravyboy   :welcome:    :banana:  Sweet car!!!

Dakota

Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY  :unitedstates: :wave:   I can't say enough good things about the help that's available through the other members here.

mopar thunder

:welcome: from another Floridian... What an awesome car. Looks like it's going to be a beats. Sure looks like a lot of fun. Enjoy the site, there is a wealth of knowledge on here.

303 Mopar

Quote from: gravyboy on April 03, 2018, 02:51:55 PM
I have a 1971 Challenger purchased 2 years ago here in New Zealand ( originally a 318 ) with a tired 440. I have been building a new 505ci engine which is now in place after collecting and importing all engine components over last 2 years. Also a RMVB 727 from Cope Racing Transmissions and a 9.5 inch Dynamic converter.

Welcome from Colorado!  This is interesting because my black '71 Challenger with 408 stroker ended up in NZ in 2015.  A guy named Jon Hill bought it, and also has a Valiant Charger. I'm not sure if you have ever run into him at a show.

dodgemania

Cuda Cody

:newzealand: And just like that we have a New Zealand flag  :newzealand:

gravyboy

WOW! Thanks everybody for the friendly welcome! Seems Canada is well represented on this forum  ;)
There are a lot of car enthusiasts in N.Z and American cars have been pouring in over the last 10 years in particular. For older cars we can legally drive them here even though the steering wheel is on the wrong side! My car came here as a matt black 440 in about 2012 but I haven't got any history from before that. I have a mate with a 1968 charger 383 and a 1970 Challenger 440 SE.My brother has recently bought a 1972 matt black Challenger 360. Car meetings here can have over 1000 muscle cars and rods with increasing numbers of very high quality examples.
The aftermarket for parts is limited and local speedshops don't carry much variety but with internet you can buy anything right?
My mate and I are some of the first here to get the Trickflow heads...
Thanks again guys...
:newzealand:

gravyboy

I haven't run into a John Hill with a black Challenger yet but will keep an eye out for him.

blown motor

Another welcome from Ontario  :canada: from another black Challenger owner.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cudakiller70

nsmall

Welcome from California.  Glad you found us compliments of Brad. :bradsthumb:

CudaMoparRay

RusTy/SE

JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach