Main Menu

Greetings from Texas

Started by RacerX, January 20, 2020, 08:43:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RacerX

Hey guys:

Checking in from San Antonio, Texas.

Getting back into it after 20+ years away from the classic Mopar scene...   

Still have the three cars I had when "life got in the way"  all those years ago. 

1971 'cuda
1970 Challenger SE
1974 Roadrunner

I started with mopars in the late 80s when you could still find decent specimens
languishing in people's backyards and weren't priced like they were made of solid
gold.  Repro parts in those days were crap but if you looked hard enough you could
find decent original parts.   Some still from the dealer.  Now it has gone the opposite... 
repro parts have come a long way and OEM stuff is difficult to find.  Gone are the
days of finding stuff in the normal junkyards.   I cringe at the thought of all the
"dime a dozen" parts we threw away back in the day because they were in the
way and virtually worthless at the time.  Now, quite the opposite!   

Well, anyway, given where the mopar scene is these days it looks like a good time
to get back into it.    Lots of online resources we didn't have then!

Plus we are tired of tripping over the cars and feeling the pain of seeing them not
being used.    Every time we see a late model challenger on the road the wife
comments we need to get ours going so those guys can see the one it was
based from!

First up will be the 71 cuda...    and the shop in the background was built with the
intent of accommodating the restoration of the mopars, so finally things falling into
place.

This car has been waiting 27 years for this TLC!

First picture is about two weeks ago, second one is from 1992, the last time it moved
under it's own power.     Third one is the Challenger.

RUNCHARGER

Welcome from B.C. Canada, nice lineup.
Sheldon

headejm

:welcome: from Central Illinois! Great looking cars. Keep us posted on progress and don't hesitate to use all the great resources on this site.  :cheers:

Dakota

:wave: Welcome RacerX to the site from Buffalo, NY.   Looks like you have your work cut out for you AND you're in for some fun.   Good luck with your projects.

dodgemania

:welcome: to the site sweet collection  :cheers:

Jay Bee

:welcome:  aboard from Ontario  :canada:  Awesome cars and awesome shop, feel free to post a pic of the RR too.

CudaMoparRay

JS29

Brads70

Welcome from Canada! Nice projects you have! I'm envious of your shop, post up some more pictures when you can! (Shop too!)  :wave:

340challconvert

RacerX
:welcome: to the site from New Jersey
Nice trio of e body Mopars.
Looking forward to seeing your work on them.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

RacerX

Quote from: Brads70 on January 20, 2020, 02:04:16 PM
Welcome from Canada! Nice projects you have! I'm envious of your shop, post up some more pictures when you can! (Shop too!)  :wave:

Thanks for the welcomes!      Looks like a great group of folks here!

Yes, there is a bit of work to do to the cuda...    bones are solid but a bit of rust in the usual places.   
I have the original matching engine but plan is to put a late model hemi into it.   The restoration will
be a family affair...   wife and kid will help!   

Here is a bit of a "family photo" inside the shop...   about a year ago, it is more "finished" and functional now...

Roadrunner is under the Lebaron...    don't mind his black eye     :(

Welcome from Conroe area.
Nice stable of rides there !
I went to a Mopar car show at Ancira Chryslerin San Antonio in Oct 2015.

71-440

:welcome:

Welcome aboard from Atlanta! Sweet rides!
Joe

Cuda Cody