Main Menu

Hello from Akron, Ohio

Started by 76orangewagon, March 14, 2017, 11:53:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

76orangewagon

Hello everybody, I discovered this site and decided I just had to join. I have been a Mopar guy since my first Duster back in high school (Class of 1985) I recently bought back a 1971 Cuda that I owned back in 1990 after just getting out of the Air Force for the first time. Although I owned the 'Cuda for a short time it had a major impact on my life and was with me during some tough decisions back then. I Sold the car after about a year but kept touch with the guy I sold it to and 26 years later received a call informing me I had first shot to buy it, which I did. The crazy thing is that the guy never drove it and the car only had 457 miles on the odometer in 26 years. The only things changed were the carb, gas tank and a master cylinder. I see there is a lot of experience, wisdom and knowledge here and when I start the full rotisserie restoration in the near future I hope I can use some of that knowledge to make sure I get it right.
  The car is a legit factory 1971 Cuda 340, 4 speed, Shaker hood, Billboard car painted V2. The paint job cost $400 and is from Maaco and was applied in April 1990 and still looks great today.

71GranCoupe

:welcome: Glad to see you here, and that is one fine looking ride.  :stayinlane: :cheers:

Cuda Cody

Welcome @76orangewagon   What a GREAT story!   :yes:  And I LOVE  :inlove: your cuda.  Seriously want to marry it.   Can we see some more photos?   :please:

Glad you joined us and you will find this is a very welcoming group of people who love these cars.  And we'll be glad to help with anything we can on your restoration.   :drinkingbud:

J-Code Jeni

303 Mopar

Welcome to the site!  Love the Macco paint job!   :)

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site!  WOW under 500 miles in 26 years!    :looney:  That's just crazy!  I would go nuts . . .  :drunk:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Rev-It-Up

Welcome to the forum! What a great story! I look forward to seeing more of that beauty.  :ohyeah:
Rev-It-Up

RUNCHARGER

Welcome: I've been watching your progress on the other sites.
Sheldon

76orangewagon

I know its an E body site but here is the last project I finished right before the 2016 Mopar Nationals. This car was 6 years of work and features more custom made parts than I can count.

Cuda Cody

WOW!   :wowzers:  That is an impressive line up of cars!!!  :takealook:  And you have some great skills.   :wrenching:

Keep me in mind when you sell the wheels.  Thanks buddy!   :banana:

ec_co

:welcome:

I love everything about your Cuda, has all the right codes and buzzwords to make any Mopar nut drool all over themselves
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Roadman

Welcome aboard.       :welcome:

Cuda Cody

:rubeyes:  WOW!!!   :wowzers:  Please add me to the LONG list of people that want to buy your car.  For real.  Put in on the list.  I want to buy your car!!!!   :please:      :inlove:

jimynick

Welcome to the site and NICE garage-full!  :bigthumb:  Got a laugh about your Maaco paint job story, as there's a thread where folks were discussing the $20-30k paint jobs and I told about the bang for the buck Maaco paint jobs back in the day. You're right, it still looks good!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

HEMICUDA

Great car Ross, that makes x3 real 71 Cuda 340 shaker cars in the Akron/Cleveland area that I know about and x2 of them are orange.  If you need help, I would be happy to assist you any way I can, I just might know a thing or to about putting one together.