Main Menu

Hello from Greater Cincy

Started by Jeff McKain, December 17, 2019, 07:02:33 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Jeff McKain

Newby here, but long-time E-body addict.

Dad bought a 70 RT Challenger 440 Magnum in March 1970, it is now somewhere in Europe: Go Mango orange with a yellow (from the factory - I swear) bumblebee and a luggage rack with brown interior.  That was the gateway drug.  it was low number - built in Sept 69 - one of the first 200 I think.. He air-brushed butterflies on it and put a truck decal "Dodge" on it in the 70's - don't know why... it was the 70's, I think that's reason enough, right?  That's me - 1st day of Kindergarten with it.  Dad also had a 71 Tor-Red shaker 340 'Cuda, had a stroke behind the wheel about 8-9 years ago on a sunny, warm January day and totaled it - he survived just fine, but it ended up a project car and was seen a year or two ago fully rebuilt at Carlisle PA. I think somebody in Cleveland OH owns it now.  it was a beautiful car.

As for the Sins of the Father being visited upon his children:
My oldest brother bought a '73 Cuda 318 with black vinyl top in the mid-70's, Lemon Twist Yellow.  My niece - his daughter - still has it.
My other brother bought an AAR, wrecked it, sold it back to the original owner who tubbed it and dropped a 440 in to drag race it - it was F8, matching interior, bench seats, auto on the column... weird stuff... He then ended up with a Lemon Twist yellow AAR, sold it three years ago to a guy in Wisconsin.  It was a 4-speed car.

My AAR is a Tor-Red 4-spd car, numbers match, bought it in the 80's and rebuilt it, engine is .030 over.  Took best E-Body at Mopar Nationals back-to-back in ... 85 and 86? up in Chelsea MI.  Currently fighting electrical gremlins - see my post,  Thanks for the advice!

honorable mention: My sister has a 68 'Cuda convertible, Mist Green with white top and interior and dealer-installed AC.  318 car.

anlauto

I remember reading a story about someone finding a Challenger with butterflies on it  :thinking:

Welcome  :welcome:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

Very cool story. Welcome from Central Illinois. I bought my number matching 70 440 auto Challenger RT (F8 quad green) in Cleveland Ohio in June 18 and am currently restoring it, a very well preserved car. Thanks for the share!

Kevin
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

7E-Bodies

Oh, and by the way, my gateway drug was a pristine 1970 C code Challenger in 1980. I've since owned two 71 G27's, a 70 JS27N, a 71 JH23G, another 70 JS23U0B, etc etc..."Gateway Drug"...love the term. "E-Dicted" here as well.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Cuda Cody

Cool story and welcome @Jeff McKain  to the forum.  Glad you joined us.  :welcome:

Jeff McKain

After his stroke, he gifted the Challenger to my oldest brother who then sold it to a guy outside of Pittsburgh, that guy restored it then went through a divorce and sold it - my other brother had tracked him down and told him "if you ever sell it, call us first" - dude didn't call us, sold it to Sweden or Switzerland or something... then his ex-wife cleaned him out because she knew what he paid an what he sold it for, so he lost his ass on the European sale...
So yeah - maybe 4-5 years ago, it was sold into Beaver Falls area outside PGH.

JS29

@Jeff McKain    That challenger that was your fathers, I think Did belong to a guy that was on cc.c, a couple of years ago. I Believe he had to sell it as part of a divorce or something. I seem to remember he was skeptical about removing the butterfly's due to it leaving a shadow of it. If memory serves me right, it was an original paint survivor.     

js27

:welcome: from South Carolina. Cool Challenger.
JS27

Cudakiller70

Spikedog08

Welcome from Michigan!  Glad you signed up!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

dodgemania

usraptor

:welcome: from Utah.  Good Mopar history there.  :twothumbsup:

Jay Bee

:wave:  Welcome aboard from Ontario  :canada: Talk about a true blue Mopar family   :bigthumb: 

CincyCuda

Im new here too, I think we are in the right place

CudaMoparRay