Main Menu

Hello From Indiana.

Started by TimS, November 28, 2019, 04:42:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Nice collection !

Welcome from Texas!

Quote from: PLY474 on November 28, 2019, 01:48:32 PM
Happy Thanksgiving from Fort Wayne, IN.  If you are making a destination drive, give me a shout.  I have Yuengling. 

Ive drank many Yuenglings, ready for them to be sold in Texas.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 73440 on November 28, 2019, 04:46:10 PM
Happy Thanksgiving from Fort Wayne, IN.  If you are making a destination drive, give me a shout.  I have Yuengling. 

Ive drank many Yuenglings, ready for them to be sold in Texas.

Sounds like a setup for a remake of Smokey & the Bandit..... :rofl: :cheers:

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama  :wave:

PLY474

Quote from: TimS on November 28, 2019, 02:42:21 PM

I'm about an hour Southwest if you on 24. I go to work related activities often around FT Wayne Lutheran.

We're right in that area of Lutheran and 24.  When driving season starts up again feel free to contact me.  I have a mostly original 74 BS 318.  Road worthy but I'm still going through it.

About that Yuengling.  One sip and I was a believer.  It's fairly new to Indiana too.  I understand there is a plant in Tampa that gives tours.  Although I just checked the website and it's currently down for renovations.  Hopefully back up for the next vacation trip.  https://www.yuengling.com/visit-us/

71cudaddict

TimS

Quote from: PLY474 on November 28, 2019, 06:34:36 PM

I'm about an hour Southwest if you on 24. I go to work related activities often around FT Wayne Lutheran.

We're right in that area of Lutheran and 24.  When driving season starts up again feel free to contact me.  I have a mostly original 74 BS 318.  Road worthy but I'm still going through it.

About that Yuengling.  One sip and I was a believer.  It's fairly new to Indiana too.  I understand there is a plant in Tampa that gives tours.  Although I just checked the website and it's currently down for renovations.  Hopefully back up for the next vacation trip.  https://www.yuengling.com/visit-us/

Great idea! Buddy of mine who works at LH Controls up Engle avenue has a 69 Hemi Charger. We've been scheming to cruse around FT Wayne on a nice day next year.

This Gran Coupe I have, I actually started working on this a good 20 years ago. Friend I bought it from picked it up in a 3 way trade deal that included an old truck he had and a need for one of the participants in the deal to get bailed out of jail. Jail bird owned the Gran Coupe. It was totally disassembled at that point. Over the years I helped the guy get it yard driveable but he really didn't want to put the money into it that it needed to fix much. Allot of the 70 only stuff was gone and it appears someone was parting a 73. It does still have the grill, tail lights, side markers and over head console. I got a great deal on some 70 seats from Tony D. Car still needs seat belts, correct console and would like to get the right door panels for a Gran Coupe. One of the things which make this a different flavor than my Cuda and Barracuda. Car had a 68 318 and 904 in it. Another friend of mine and I pulled the really good running 440 out of a New Yorker with about 60K miles on it along with the 727 and put that in the Gran Coupe probably 15 years ago. New Yorker was rusty. Car already has some new/old parts. Seat covers and carpet from Legendary, package tray etc.... One of my biggest challenges though is all the missing hardware. This thing comes with a small bucket of Misc.
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner 440+6 727 4.10 Dana
1970 Plymouth Gran Coupe 440 727 3.23 SG
1971 Plymouth Cuda 340 4 spd. 3.91 SG
1972 Plymouth Barracuda 318 904 3.23
2011 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Hemi 6spd. 3.92 SG

chargerdon

rtgreen

71-440

:welcome:

Welcome aboard from Atlanta!
Joe

PLY474

Quote from: TimS on November 29, 2019, 04:35:31 AM
Quote from: PLY474 on November 28, 2019, 06:34:36 PM

Great idea! Buddy of mine who works at LH Controls up Engle avenue has a 69 Hemi Charger. We've been scheming to cruse around FT Wayne on a nice day next year.

This Gran Coupe I have, I actually started working on this a good 20 years ago. Friend I bought it from picked it up in a 3 way trade deal that included an old truck he had and a need for one of the participants in the deal to get bailed out of jail. Jail bird owned the Gran Coupe. It was totally disassembled at that point. Over the years I helped the guy get it yard driveable but he really didn't want to put the money into it that it needed to fix much. Allot of the 70 only stuff was gone and it appears someone was parting a 73. It does still have the grill, tail lights, side markers and over head console. I got a great deal on some 70 seats from Tony D. Car still needs seat belts, correct console and would like to get the right door panels for a Gran Coupe. One of the things which make this a different flavor than my Cuda and Barracuda. Car had a 68 318 and 904 in it. Another friend of mine and I pulled the really good running 440 out of a New Yorker with about 60K miles on it along with the 727 and put that in the Gran Coupe probably 15 years ago. New Yorker was rusty. Car already has some new/old parts. Seat covers and carpet from Legendary, package tray etc.... One of my biggest challenges though is all the missing hardware. This thing comes with a small bucket of Misc.

FYI - I sent you a PM with my contact info.  I have seen a copper color Charger driving around in the area.  Would that be the HEMI?  Also, as you are coming into town, there is a Meineke garage in front of the Rural King.  I have seen a red Cuda there multiple times when driving by (1970, I think).  I never asked the shop, but a friend says it belongs to the owner.  I'll look into it the next time I need an alignment. 

In July, Roanoke sponsors a car show.  https://rollingintoroanoke.com/photos  I haven't been in several years, but hope to make it this year.  It's a nice area.  Several mopars there the last time I went.  An AAR from the show is below.  As I recall, the owner of SweetWater Music (https://www.sweetwater.com/) and SweetCars (https://www.sweetcars.com/inventory/) brings in some high end cars to drool over.

Ricomondo

Welcome from " 'Da region" - Northwest IN.!

Nice cars!
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340