Main Menu

Hello from McPherson, KS.....1970 Barracuda

Started by falcben, September 05, 2018, 04:48:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

falcben

Hello everyone!

My name is Ben, I am a sophomore at McPherson College, studying Automotive Restoration. Recently I acquired a 1970 Barracuda, 383, 4-speed. It is in fairly rough condition as far as rust on the body, but all the supports seem to be solid, with the exception of the front frame rails which will need some work. It is a Y09 car, so it was an "exported" car, which I find very interesting. B5 blue with white interior and a white top. I have the 4-speed transmission with a pistol grip, and the 8 3/4 POSI rear end.

I sold my previous project, a 1929 Model A Sedan that I had chopped 3 1/2" to pay for the Barracuda. I also found a 440 block with a 6 pack intake and breather for a steal since I don't have the original 383 for the car.

I am excited to be part of this forum!

"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."
-Enzo Ferrari

Cuda Cody

moparcar

Welcome to the site from Colorado! Looks like a great project and we look forward to seeing more pics and updates!

Wes

71-440

:welcome:
Welcome Ben from Atlanta! Nice project you got there. Any questions the people on here are always
willing to help. Good Luck!
Joe

Jay Bee

Plumcrazzy

jimynick

And another welcome to hte site from Ontario,  :canada: Ben and congrats on your "score". It should be awesome once you're done with it!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

RUNCHARGER

Welcome from B.C. Canada. I haven't seen one of those tires for decades, 70's era I think.
Sheldon

cudamadd

Dakota

:wave: Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY. Great to see some young guns here.   Good luck with your "new" project.

dodgemania

:welcome: to the site. Nice project. 4 speed is A lot of fun.  :cheers:

340challconvert

Hello and  :welcome: from New Jersey
McPherson College is a great place to be; has a fantastic reputation for it's Automotive Program.
Glad you are here and looking forward to your work on the "new" project.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

mopar thunder

:welcome: from Florida. Great looking project.  If you have any questions this is the site to be on. Ah.... the days when tire size was measured by the alphabet.   :drinkingbud:

anlauto

Wait a minute......you can go to school for "automotive restoration" ....Why didn't I think of that ? :headbang: :headbang:

Is your car a "N" code Barracuda ? One of 602 4 speeds ? Rarer then most 70 Hemicudas, Six pack Cudas etc...

If so I think you should swap the 440 stuff in favor of a correct dated 383 and give the car a "proper" restoration.....make your teacher proud... :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

superdave

:welcome:from Topeka. Looks like a great project. I just saw a '70 Cuda on ebay a few days ago in Hillsboro, thought that might be the one you picked up. It's a 318 car and pretty rough though. I think b5 with black interrior. There is a member up in Manhattan working on a '73 I  believe. Good luck with the project and keep the pictures coming. 8)