Main Menu

Hello from Northern BC Canada

Started by Swamp Donkey, December 17, 2017, 09:35:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Swamp Donkey

Hello. I have joined a few different Mopar/Cuda themed websites. This one I'm sure is going to be my home.  I like it here on this site. Anyways, here is a little information on me and my car.

I bought my 73 340 4 speed Cuda in 1992 when I was 18 years old.  I drove it for two summers and did not want to drive it again until it was all fixed up nice with a paint job etc.  Anyways fast forward 25 years and I am now 43 years old, happily married for like 21 years with 2 kids, a house paid for and finally built a shop/garage to work on my car.  Now, old Dad can finally spend some cash on my dream car.  My goal is to have it done before I'm 50!  Seriously.     

I will be looking for a lot of advice from my fellow Canadians  :canada:  on sources for parts and connections in western Canada to complete my car. 

Anyways....  here are some pics.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

RUNCHARGER

That's a good looking Cuda and it looks mostly stock and complete.
Sheldon

Jim AAR

Welcome from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada  :canada:

You will love this site, tons of great knowledge and great people that love to help..... :welcome:

Cuda Cody

:welcome: @Swamp Donkey   :welcome:  That is a sweet looking Cuda!   :banana:  That is a huge shop!   :lookatthat:  Did you burn the Mopar logo in to the wood?  Looks cool.

71GranCoupe

Nice looking car and  :welcome: to the group. I am just below you in Spokane, unless it is cold, then I am in Vegas. Keep us posted on the progress of the ride.  :cheers:

Jay Bee

J-Code Jeni

:welcome:

You're a lucky man in life, @Swamp Donkey ! Cheers  :drinkingbud:

Love your car & shop too!  :inlove:

anlauto

Is that an original black car with blue interior ? Sweet  :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Swamp Donkey

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 17, 2017, 09:51:06 AM
That's a good looking Cuda and it looks mostly stock and complete.

Thanks.  It had 55,000 original miles on it when I bought it.  Has around 58,000 now.  It was all original when I goy the car.  I put a different intake, carburetor, and headers on it back when I was a youngster.  So yeah, it is mostly all there and in not to bad of shape.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

Quote from: Cuda Cody on December 17, 2017, 10:00:02 AM
:welcome: @Swamp Donkey   :welcome:  That is a sweet looking Cuda!   :banana:  That is a huge shop!   :lookatthat:  Did you burn the Mopar logo in to the wood?  Looks cool.

My Nephew made that Mopar Logo that's on the back wall.  Grade 11 or 12 metalwork project!  :bradsthumb:

And the shop is 32x60.  I've been living at the same place for around 20 years before I could afford the shop.  I might add some details about my shop in the Shop thread I saw awhile ago.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

Quote from: anlauto on December 17, 2017, 11:25:42 AM
Is that an original black car with blue interior ? Sweet  :drooling:

Yes, it has the blue interior.  But I fully intend on going the "resto-mod" route with my car.  So very little will remain original. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

And to everyone else, thanks for the kind words and well wishes. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

CudaMoparRay

xx88man

Welcome from Chilliwack, B.C.  :welcome:
Sweeeeet Cuda!
Keep yer foot in it