Main Menu

hello from ohio

Started by davy442, January 08, 2021, 02:05:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

davy442

Great forum !!!  Purchased my 'cuda in 2013.  It's a 1970 convertible 4 speed,  originally a 340, now a  ?hemi clone.  These e bodies get such great attention from everyone !!!   Been a gear head my entire life. Bought my first car in 1980,  a 1965 442 conv 4 speed, and still have it today.  Guy across the street from me had two pristine 'cudas for sale at that time,  a 440 six pack auto on floor, and a hemi with auto on the column.  He wanted 6K for the 440-6,  and 10K for the hemi.  Definitely eye candy for a teenager !!!  The olds was 1K.  Guess which car I purchased !!   Got a couple other mopars, couple fords, chevy, and a vw (dune buggy ) .  Too bad this COVID has really taken a toll on people, and our socializing.  Hopefully will be able to enjoy 2021 !!  Everybody be safe !  And healthy !!

Dakota

Welcome to forum from Buffalo, NY!   Please post some pics of your car.

JS29

:welcome: That is an impressive collection you have there!  :handshake:

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site!  Yep great place here!  Love to see some pictures of that convertible . . Sounds amazing! 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

cudamadd

:welcome:To the forum you know your way around muscle cars that's for sure . To still have you first car ,good stuff love to see photos of your little collection cheers  :australia:

davy442

Thanks.   Well,  here's my cuda.   

Cuda Cody

Matt13

Quote from: davy442 on January 08, 2021, 04:40:02 PM
Thanks.   Well,  here's my cuda.   
Pardon my ignorance but that pic you posted is a 1971, not a 1970. It's also the Nash bridges Cuda, as noted in the picture description  :notsure:

davy442

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 08, 2021, 05:51:51 PM
:perfect10:  That's beautiful! 

Thank You.

Quote from: Matt13 on January 08, 2021, 06:03:30 PM
  Pardon my ignorance but that pic you posted is a 1971, not a 1970. It's also the Nash bridges Cuda, as noted in the picture description  :notsure:

You're right .  The car is a 1970, but the grill, fenders, tail lights were all changed with 1971 parts,  back in 1996.  My car was originally a 1970 B5 blue 340 4 speed.   It's s/n is BS27H0B163146.  It was the first of four barracudas  purchased by Nash Bridges production for the TV series.  It's painted caterpillar industrial yellow so it looks good on TV.  The 340 was blown during filming of the pilot episode, and was replaced with a 360.  After the show ended, the car was sold, and one of the owners before me had Totally Automotive rotisserie restore the car, replacing the 360 with a crate 426 hemi.  The car was listed on ebay on and off for about 1 year, maybe longer.  I purchased the car through Texas Classic Cars of Dallas, as it was on consignment, in late 2013 I think.  I was lucky, to be in the right place, at the right time. 

GoMangoBoys

What part of Ohio?  We are near Akron.

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: Davy and, as mentioned, congrats on some very nice cars!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Chryco Psycho

davy442

Quote from: cudamadd on January 08, 2021, 04:07:36 PM
:welcome:To the forum you know your way around muscle cars that's for sure . To still have you first car ,good stuff love to see photos of your little collection cheers  :australia:

Thanks.  No expert in any, but know a little about most ?  Maybe ?    I guess posting pictures of GM or Ford is Blasphemy !!!   So I'll post another mopar, my 1965 Dodge Coronet Superstock A990 .  The original owner/racer lives 45 minutes from me,  and whenever he comes over to tell his stories, it's priceless  !!!

CudaMoparRay

:welcome: from Riverside, California

nsmall

Welcome.  Thanks for signing up and I vote for you share whatever car pics you want as I am fan of them all.