Main Menu

Hello from Switzerland

Started by elan71, March 08, 2021, 11:05:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ebodyproducts

Hey Daniel, this is Daniel from Kentucky!!  Love your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

Chryco Psycho

elan71

Thank you for all the welcome.
Very international here.  :smile:
My car was delivered to Canada following the fender tag. It is more or less restored to factory specs. Fender tag, build sheet and all the numbers match. The engine is a 340 and I think it's a warranty block. I haven't found any numbers on it. The car has a six barrel carburetor set on it. I know, it's not correct to this car, but it runs and drive very well.
Pumpkin interior and EV2 tor red paint are original. Of course, repainted during the restoration. It's a no vinyl top car.
I don't have much history about the car. Previous owner had it for about 5 Years.
I will take the car on the lift this week, to see how good he is underside. Handling is very well, so I hope no big surprised. As I wrote I need a new exhaust system for it. Mufflers have holes and the car is too loud anyway. 3`tubes are very big. Sound is amazing, but not street legal here in Switzerland, unfortunately.
Will see...  :)
71 'Cuda 340 Automatic

CudaMoparRay

:welcome: from Riverside, California

Smallblock340

:welcome: to the site from Netherlands! Cool Cuda!  :twothumbsup:
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

Jay Bee

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Quote from: anlauto on March 09, 2021, 05:34:47 AM
I wonder if that is an accurate conversion ? :thinking:

I did a lot of Googling before posting that and couldn't find anything to suggest it isn't.
If a car is going "X" speed it's going "X" speed and you can call it whatever you want - 60, 100, G, $, and it's still travelling at "X"
Am I missing something here?

chris NOS

elan71

Thank you all.
The sticker decals working well. No problem. Must not be 100% correct, has to show a little less then the exactly speed. That's OK. I already ordered these and had it in the container with the car and some other parts as well.
Daniel
71 'Cuda 340 Automatic

antonellomopar

Daniel...my first Cudas were seen in Switzerland when almost new...in the seventies. There were a lot of musclecars at the time...great period. WHere do you live? I went to school in Zug...

anlauto

Quote from: Jay Bee on March 09, 2021, 05:46:22 AM
Quote from: anlauto on March 09, 2021, 05:34:47 AM
I wonder if that is an accurate conversion ? :thinking:

I did a lot of Googling before posting that and couldn't find anything to suggest it isn't.
If a car is going "X" speed it's going "X" speed and you can call it whatever you want - 60, 100, G, $, and it's still travelling at "X"
Am I missing something here?

Obviously the needle position won't change, but when it points to say 40mph, is 64 kph at the same location on the decal that 40 mph is on the gauge ?? :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Quote from: anlauto on March 09, 2021, 10:35:27 AM
but when it points to say 40mph, is 64 kph at the same location on the decal that 40 mph is on the gauge.
I'll say it does, really hard to tell without superimposing the two faces but 25mph looks like 40kph and 75mph looks like 120kph so I imagine everything in between and beyond would match up too.

elan71

@ antonellomopar
I'm living in Tann. This is in the region ZuercherOberland. Around 30min away from Zurich on the other End of the lake.
It's more country side and very nice to live.
How is your German? Sprichst du noch immer etwas Deutscho der sogar Schweizerdeutsch?

Viele Grüsse
Daniel
71 'Cuda 340 Automatic

elan71

@Jay Bee
Correct, the two pictures shows it.
It is a fixed conversion factor. Works with mph and kph on every speed.  :smile:
71 'Cuda 340 Automatic