Main Menu

Hello from Utah

Started by 70Barracuda/6, April 16, 2020, 06:41:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70Barracuda/6

Hi all, I'm new to the group. I have a 70 Barracuda with a slant six and a manual three speed on the floor. It was my brothers High School car in the late 70's that I recently acquired. It hadn't been started since the 80's.  It's just been rusting away. My son and I got it running last year and drove it from Utah to Tucson, Arizona and raced it in the Roadkill Zip-Tie drags. We were hoping to make it in the teens but just couldn't do it. 🙂 It was the trip of a lifetime for me being with my son. Even in it's rusted condition, you wouldn't believe how many thumbs up we got on the trip.
I'm just enjoying it for now and I can't decide what I want to do with it other than a new paint job. Leave the slant six? Put in a 440 or a Gen III Hemi? Who knows, I change my mind every day. It was funny, at the Zip-Tie drags one guy walked up to us and said, "a slant six barracuda?,  that's probably more rare than a Hemi Cuda now days!"
I'm putting in a new ignition switch and found the group from a you tube video on restoring the steering column by Cuda Cody. Thanks Cody, that was the best put together video I've seen, it really helped me!
I look forward to getting to know you all.
Mark

JS29

:welcome: From central New York!  :handshake:                                                                                                 Nothing wrong with a /6

73_Cuda_4_Me

:welcome: Mark from chilly West Michigan! Awesome that you are doing some generational inspiration with your son!
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

Dakota

:wave: Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY.   Sound likes you had a great time with your son.   I really enjoy reading stories like that.  Good for you!  And good luck with whatever you decide to do with your car, including nothing. 

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the forum @70Barracuda/6    :welcome:  Sweet Cuda!  :banana:

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama Mark  :wave:

Msbaugh440

Where about in Utah?

I'm in Fruit Heights in Southern Davis County. Have a Challenger that originally had the same options as your Barracuda! The /6 and 3 speed are long gone now though. I converted it to a 440/727 a few years back. It's now completely torn down though for body work.

Great looking car! I think that guy was right, who knows maybe these /6 cars will be worth something one day?  :ohyeah:

71vert340

Welcome to the site. I've had two /6 Challengers and enjoyed driving them both.
Terry

ec_co

Welcome from Colorado!!

do you have the fender tag for it by chance? always curious to see the options (most are pretty bare) and where/when they were born (mine is an early build from the LA plant). the guy wasn't wrong, the slant e-bodies were mostly swapped over the years to V8s, so now a slanty is much more rare to see than a HEMI, a lot of folks have never seen one in person and some are surprised they even came with a base 6. I'm in the process of restoring mine (my dad bought in '73) and keeping it's original slant/3spd combo. there are a few of us on this site, would be nice to see another kept around, but it's your car and you should do what makes you happy (it's more expensive for sure. new rear end, body strengthening, better suspension/torsion/leafs, 4/5spd .. adds up quickly). if you need resources on the slant, I recommend either www.forabodiesonly.com or http://slantsix.org/forum/index.php
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

anlauto

Welcome Mark, you've found the best E Body website in the world !

Your slant 6 3spd Barracuda could be a lot rarer then a Hemicuda, just research the production figures and you'll see. Post up a picture of the fender tag and we'll help you break it down.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodgemania

RUNCHARGER

Welcome and that's a really neat car. I sure would be tempted to leave the slanty in place, if it's too slow for you they respond well to a turbocharger.
Sheldon

usraptor

:welcome: to the site.  I'm also in Utah.  Where are you located?

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: and good for you to drive that thing with your boy!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

CudaMoparRay

:welcome: From Riverside California