Main Menu

Hello from Washington

Started by Rbob, May 14, 2020, 01:14:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rbob

New to the forum, I already like it.

I have a 70 Challenger T/A that I bought in 1977 and disassembled in 1980 and even though it ran and was in good shape I had to stop driving it because of my inability to not get speeding tickets with this car.  Lost my drivers license and drove a vw bug keeping a low profile!

I am the 3rd owner and car has 86k on the odo.  Last worked on it in 1990 and just re-started the project thanks to the Covid situation.

I could only find one pic of it from back in the day and one on the rotissarie:

JS29

:welcome: Nice that you kept it all this time. Is it a standard or auto?  :cheers:

Mrbill426

Cuda Cody

@Rbob   Welcome to the forum   :welcome:  I'm just down the road from you in Beautiful Brush Prairie, WA.

Is that an original orange T/A?   :lookatthat:

71vert340

A big welcome from the dry side of Washington. Keep at it and you'll get it done. By the way, which dragstrip is the photo at? Reminds me of SIR a long time ago.
Terry

tnljohnson

cuda hunter

Welcome!  From Colorado.

Looks like Go Mango to me.   
We're dyin for more info! 
Got a fender tag?  Did it retain it's build sheet?   Original motor and trans? 

Sweet ride!   
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama
weird history , taking it apart 40 years ago & leaving it alone for the last 30 years ..... time to get it back togther I believe !!

Dakota

:ohyeah: Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY.   Great story.

Rbob

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

It is GoMango and it is a 4sp car.  And yes that is SIR Dragstrip, turned a 13.8  I loved driving it.

I am lucky that I own a bodyshop and have been able to keep it inside.  I live in Olympia and my shop is in Shelton.  Way back I bought as much OEM replacement parts I could afford, including original exhaust tips, stripe kit, grille stuff and cant remember what else but when I started the resto project in 1985-87 I bought everything I thought I needed, 3 page order and I remember something like 5k of parts back then.  I am still buying parts since re-starting this project.

Funny thing is my wife bought me a rotisserie 12 years ago for this project, I get sidetracked.

Thanks again for the welcome!

RUNCHARGER

Great car, orange, 4 speed, rallye gauges. That ticks all the right boxes, I can see why you kept it.
Sheldon

xx88man

:welcome:   from just north of you in BC. I love your car!
Keep yer foot in it

nsmall

:welcome:

Way to get going again, just try to get one thing done at a time.  What I'm trying to say is look for a little victories here and there.way to hold on to it and hopefully this time you won't get a bunch of tickets.   :bradsthumb:

Spikedog08

Awesome!  Car looks amazing!  Welcome from Michigan!  Glad you joined us!   :wave:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

dodgemania

:welcome: to the site sweet project car  :cheers: