Main Menu

Hello! I am new here but hoping to find my first Mopar with some help.

Started by dhh, May 05, 2021, 12:57:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dhh

Hi everyone,

I posted in a different section of the forums and one of the members suggested an introduction post.

I'm probably younger than most people in the classic car community (24) but I've always enjoyed talking with folks who know about cars. I go to local cars and coffee events from time-to-time and have always wanted to have a car I can bring to show others.

I have very little first-hand experience with these cars, but after watching Rust Valley Restorers on Netflix, I decided I want to get a classic Mopar. My favorite is definitely the 1970 Plymouth 'cuda. The Chrysler engines from that era are truly second to none, in terms of both performance and sound. The 'cuda in particular really has that classic "muscle car" look. I want to learn how to work on them and do some of my own restoration to bring a car back to life.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm excited to learn from the experts!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!  :cheers:

JS29

:welcome: Hope you take your time and be patient,  pick the most complete car you can afford, Tough's little bits and peaces get expensive!  :cheers:

cuda hunter

Howdy and Welcome from Colorado!

I've got a 71 Chrysler Newport Custom 383 car with no rust I'll sell ya. 
Not a cuda, but it'll be a cool mopar that has pretty much the same drive train. 
Good learner daily driver type car. 
Just sayin..
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Just viewed your wanted post.  With that coin you should have no issue finding what your after.  However it'll take a little while for that correct deal to jump out.  Good luck, I'm sure you will find one!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Dakota

:wave: Welcome to the forum from Buffalo, NY!  Happy to have you here with us.   We have all levels of experience here, so don't be bashful about asking questions on cars you're considering at whatever confuses you once you get to working on it.

CudaMoparRay

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: and good luck in your quest, young man. Glad to see new blood coming into the hobby.  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Chryco Psycho

7212Mopar

:welcome: from Bay Area. If you like Mopar, there is an annual car show at DeAnza college every June. They skip last year and likely this year due to COVID. Check out Mopar Alley in FB. Mopars are not as prevalent as GM or Ford but there are quite a few here in the BA.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

cudamadd

Welcome .first I must say you are in the best  place   To learn every thing you need to know . a good car will come along just takes time .  Mean time enjoy the hunt.  : :australia: