Main Menu

Hi from Massachusetts

Started by WhiskeyRebel, April 17, 2020, 06:21:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

WhiskeyRebel

Hi Everyone,
Thanks Cody for the awesome videos and knowledge you share, and to everyone on this site.  Really has been a great help to me. Figured it is time I said hello.

I started working on my 68 Roadrunner last year but realized it is going to be a several year project and I needed something to drive in the meantime.  This followed me home one day last summer.  Its a 72 with a 383 and 4spd. It was an almost finished project that needed some gremlins sorted.

Matt

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama  :wave:
383 4 spd is a great combo , enjoy !

RT999

:welcome: to the site from central Oregon

WhiskeyRebel

Thanks for the welcome.  It needed and still needs a bit.  The exhaust dumped out before the axle which is not legal in MA so I need to complete that.  It ran poorly and needed a carb.  My eventual goal is to install a Fitech but I had an Edelbrock carb and got it running good.  The previous owner said it overheated and needed some cooling work.  I replaced the 2 core radiator with a 3 core and replaced the water pump and housing. Someone had shaved down the existing housing.  Not sure why but maybe to add an engine plate?  The seats were rough cores with Autozone covers but I had a nice set of bucket seats that I installed.  Brakes dragged and overheated, but I fixed that by adjusting the throw at the booster.  It had electrical issues that I have pretty much all worked out at this point. I picked up a TA hood. The one on it with the old school scoop is all cracked and a bit hacked in, although I have to say it has grown on me for it's nostalgia.  Changed all the fluids and it was running pretty good until I tore it all down to do the Fitech install. I'll start a separate thread on that in case anyone is interested. Here's some more pics:

WhiskeyRebel

Here's what I was talking about the WP housing.  Looks like someone machined 1/2 inch off the back.  The water neck barely sealed at the back.  You can see the aluminum spacers on the water passages.  Anyone seen this before?

jimynick

Welcome to the site and good luck with your new baby! It looks like you're well on the way to driving it.  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

screamindriver

Hello and welcome to the site.. I think you're correct on the motor plate..Nothing but trouble where you don't need it...And I see you've already solved the problem...Nice project !! Have fun.. :bigthumb:

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the forum @WhiskeyRebel    :welcome:  Sweet garage!!

dodgemania

Spikedog08

Welcome from Michigan!  Glad you signed up!   :ohyeah:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Dakota

:wave: Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY.   Sounds like you've made good progress on kicking out the gremlins on your Challenger.   

To answer your question - no, I've never seen a water pump shaved like what you show in the picture above.   I sure makes me wonder what problem the prior owner was trying to fix.

I'll certainly echo Cody's comment about your garage space too - very nice!

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

Another welcome from Canada! Enjoy your new ride!  Nice job removing the " gremlins"  :bradsthumb:

torredcuda

Welcome, grew up in Mass, now in NH. Looks like a nice project.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

73_Cuda_4_Me

:welcome: to the site from Sunny West Michigan, @WhiskeyRebel ! Awesome car! Love it! Any more info on the RoadRunner?
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B