Main Menu

Hi from WV

Started by sireland67, September 20, 2018, 10:44:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

sireland67

Challenger is nice, it just needs a passenger side door skin, and 1/4 panel, from an accident, but no rot.

Unique story on the Cuda.
My grandpas neighbor bought in 1976, drove it from PA to WV, put it in the woods up behind his house, he said small block cars were parts cars for his big block cars.
And it sit there until last year when I bought it off his widow.
It broke in 1/2 loading it on my trailer, it took the winch on my trailer and a log-skidder lifting the rear up to get it on the trailer.
It is rotted bad, no frame, floor, trunk etc left, anything within 1' of the ground is rusted off, but the roof has no rust, but it is a complete car.  I actually took the passenger seat out not using any wrenches, just pulled on it.

Sorry no pics of my drag car, all the pics are on my phone, and for some reason tonight it would no connect to my computer.

Plumcrazzy

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Cambridge, Ontario,  :canada: and good luck with your restoration(s)!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

sireland67

Projects, I also have a 340 4-speed duster that I am going to drive the wheels off of.
It is almost done, just going to add AC this winter after the color is on it and drive it.

Spikedog08

Welcome from Michigan!  Sounds like you have some good times in your future!   :yes:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

cuda hunter

Howdy from Colorado and Welcome!

I'm dying to see that fender tag readout on that cuda.  Was there a build sheet or was it also rotted away?

Cool WSS.  any cool options? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

sireland67

Quote from: cuda hunter on September 24, 2018, 07:21:31 PM
Howdy from Colorado and Welcome!

I'm dying to see that fender tag readout on that cuda.  Was there a build sheet or was it also rotted away?

Cool WSS.  any cool options?

No build sheet that I have found yet, and the fender tag is missing, somebody before 1976 changed the inner fenders in the Cuda, and pop-rivited them in. 
Apparently the cuda was a winter driver since it was new. 
It must have been rusty back in 1976 when it was parked.

The WSS challenger has about the same options as plain challenger, rally wheels, 318 auto, floor shift with console, triple green.
Weird mint green FF4. 
I think I am actually going to put this one back to the factory color, interior and green top.
I do not have the original motor or trans, but pretty sure I will keep it small block, with a Dick Landy roots supercharger set up I have.

PlumCrazyRTSE

Welcome from Ohio.  Sounds like you've got some fun projects. 

I'm originally a WV boy myself.  I was born in Huntington and lived there until my family moved to Ohio when I was 7yrs old.

Cudakiller70

Welcome from Krazyfornia  :cheers: cool stuff