Main Menu

inherited Family Owned 1970 AAR - Limelight

Started by FIAARMN, March 28, 2020, 11:26:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

FIAARMN

Thank you all for the replies....

I was told this morning that the carbs are not original, now to figure which ones. And I am being told the original carbs are in a box of parts. Looks like the radiator is not original either

It appears there is a rebuild kit for the carbs on the front seat and that might explain the reason why the center carb is missing. I am told the original air cleaner is there as well along with some new door panels. The car will be shipped to us shortly with all documents, boxes of parts and so forth.

It does appear the car may have been repainted at some point and the odometer reads 36,142. We will be getting the documents in the mail as the trustee has signed for transfer of title.
1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

Chryco Psycho

Welcome from Panama , Congrats on getting a great Cuda  :bigthumb: :wave:

7E-Bodies

Beautiful car, with a touching history. You've found the right group. Welcome! Don't EVER let her go.

Kevin
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Ricomondo

Congrats on getting such a rare and cool E body. Lots of great info on this site.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

FIAARMN

Thanks all

Finding some interesting reading on the mechanical set up for these motors.........

Looks lie i will have options depending on the condition of the original vacuum set up carbs . Looks like to be a popular conversion with the manual car guys.....

As of right now we have now plan to get rid of the car, plans are, I hope we drive it and show it off....

1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

CudaMoparRay

JS29

:welcome: Make your uncle's proud! sorry for your loss, but you get to honor the legacy of both relatives.  who had great taste in car's.  :cheers:

FIAARMN

Thanks......

1st thing will be to get the carbs rebuilt and on and then fire it up....... just want to get it running then address things as we go....

No plans on restoring it, just maintenance, maintain the current condition and drive it. 

Work in progress build!!  :wrenching:

anlauto

Quote from: FIAARMN on March 29, 2020, 03:41:26 PM
Thanks......

1st thing will be to get the carbs rebuilt and on and then fire it up....... just want to get it running then address things as we go....

No plans on restoring it, just maintenance, maintain the current condition and drive it. 

Work in progress build!!  :wrenching:

For a worry free rebuild of your carburetors contact member @ScottSmith_Harms check out his website   http://www.harmsauto.com/  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ScottSmith_Harms

Thanks Alan, I appreciate the complimentary referral.  I'll be glad to help if needed.

:driving:

FIAARMN

I found out talking to the Nephew that in the late 70's the carbs where switched to the mechanical version by the 1st Uncle who owned the car.  Been that way ever since and  the originals are in a box some place and have been sitting for years as you can see. No doubt they will need to be rebuilt if we put the originals back on.

Nice to know we have them, fingers crossed and that the mechanical are some what easy to set up.

FIAARMN

Quote from: ScottSmith_Harms on March 29, 2020, 05:29:50 PM
Thanks Alan, I appreciate the complimentary referral.  I'll be glad to help if needed.

:driving:

I will for sure be in contact to rebuild the originals and the mechanical s

Would you mind shooting me a PM for a estimate rebuild for each of the sets/ 

Chryco Psycho

FlatlandTA

Condolences @FIAARMN
Beauty car [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk