Main Menu

Mopar lover in Orlando area

Started by Jgallagh1944, April 03, 2017, 10:15:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Jgallagh1944

Long time Mopar fan; I had a new 65 Dodge Coronet 2 door sedan, 426 hemi with Hurst 4 speed as my first new car. Purchased a new 340 Cuda for my wife in 1970; wish I still had those card. Purchased my current Mopar, a 70 Challenger in 1997. It started life as a 340 automatic, but is now a 440 RT clone with Tremec 5 speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuda Cody

Sweet Challenger!!!!  You got the stance perfect.  Sits like I like them too.  :banana:

Jgallagh1944

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 03, 2017, 10:17:18 AM
Sweet Challenger!!!!  You got the stance perfect.  Sits like I like them too.  :banana:
It's been a 20 year project. Thank God I have a great wife who lets me indulge in this very expensive hobby.

Jgallagh1944

Quote from: Jgallagh1944 on April 03, 2017, 10:20:28 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 03, 2017, 10:17:18 AM
It's been a 20 year project. Thank God I have a great wife who lets me indulge in this very expensive hobby.

You'll notice the RT side stripe is from a 71; I didn't like the stripe on the 70, so being it's a clone, I can modify to what I like best.

Cuda Cody

Oh ya!  I dig it.    :yes:  That's what's great about doing clones.  You can make they as cool as you want.   :1place:

Quote from: Jgallagh1944 on April 03, 2017, 10:22:59 AM

You'll notice the RT side stripe is from a 71; I didn't like the stripe on the 70, so being it's a clone, I can modify to what I like best.

ec_co

:welcome:  love your Challenger.   must have been one helluva good time for you in the '60s with that Hemi
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Rev-It-Up

Welcome to the forum!  :welcome: Glad you found us. Beautiful Challenger!
Rev-It-Up

Jgallagh1944

Quote from: ec_co on April 03, 2017, 10:33:47 AM
:welcome:  love your Challenger.   must have been one helluva good time for you in the '60s with that Hemi
The 60's were a great time to have a fast car. Still remember the day I picked the car up from the dealer. My father, who co-signed for me saw the big sticker across the front windshield; it said: Warning, this car is not recommended for street use. I thought he was going to lose it. Three weeks after getting the car, it was in Speedwin Automotive on Long Island getting an Isky cam and ignition work. I had that monster until 1970 when a drunk drive took out the front end while it was sitting in front of my house. Loved that car!!

Jgallagh1944

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on April 03, 2017, 10:36:28 AM
Welcome to the forum!  :welcome: Glad you found us. Beautiful Challenger!
Thanks for the welcome.

6bblgt

Quote from: Jgallagh1944 on April 03, 2017, 10:41:16 AM
The 60's were a great time to have a fast car. Still remember the day I picked the car up from the dealer. My father, who co-signed for me saw the big sticker across the front windshield; it said: Warning, this car is not recommended for street use. I thought he was going to lose it.

:welcome: & any pics of the '65?  ONE RARE BEAST!! Do you know the dealership's name?

Jgallagh1944

Quote from: 6bblgt on April 03, 2017, 10:58:21 AM
The 60's were a great time to have a fast car. Still remember the day I picked the car up from the dealer. My father, who co-signed for me saw the big sticker across the front windshield; it said: Warning, this car is not recommended for street use. I thought he was going to lose it.

:welcome: & any pics of the '65?  ONE RARE BEAST!! Do you know the dealership's name?
I'll have to dig them out of some old photo albums. I saw the identical car at Mecum Kissimmee last year and was interested till bidding hit six figures.

Jgallagh1944

Quote from: 6bblgt on April 03, 2017, 10:58:21 AM

Can't remember name of dealership, but it was in Douglaston (Queens), NY, on Northern Boulevard.

Cuda Cody

anlauto

Welcome....I prefer the 71 stripe too :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

Great looking Chally and '65!  I like the '71 RT stripe too!   :banana:

Welcome to the site!!