Main Menu

My first E-Body (after a lifetime of want)

Started by B and A Bill, April 11, 2020, 11:51:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

B and A Bill

Hi all, my name is Bill. I live in Gilbert, AZ. I own/run a small CNC machine-shop. And, I just bought my first E-Body.
Been a Mopar guy my whole life (well, since I can remember anyway). My Dad was a Mopar guy. He has deep roots in 60's drag racing.
I think I am the reason he left that scene. Sorry pops! LOL. 80% of my Mopar experience has been trucks. Specifically 70's 4x4's.
I am from the snow-belt in PA, and, used to plow a lot of snow. With Dodge iron of course! Built many engines/axle's/tranny's in my day.
My wrenching skills are solid. I've had a few cars along the way. But, nothing special. Been wanting a "real" Mopar as far back as I can remember.
But, when I was younger, I was not responsible enough to pull it off. Now that I am older, I have put 150% of everything in to the business.
Well, finally, after many years of ridiculously hard work, I have my first "real" muscle-car! I couldn't be more excited.
I've already gleaned a ton of info from this site just lurking. Hopefully I can return the favors one day. Until then, here is my new whip!

chris NOS

Congratulations ! Please let us know more about your car ! :twothumbsup:

Chryco Psycho

Very Cool & welcome from Panama  :wave:
& you are a tool fan also  !!

Brads70

Congrats and Welcome! Tell us more about your car! (Love the colour! )  With more pictures too please! What are your plans for it, cruiser? concourse numbers matching restoration, pro touring?  There are a few of us "machinist" types on here. I was a mold maker for 25 years have enough equipment in the garage to make me dangerous !  :D

71vert340

Shoooter

Welcome to the site, cant wait to see more of the car!

anlauto

Welcome to the site and to the world of E Bodies :twothumbsup:  I hope the Ford truck belongs to a friend or something :Thud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

xx88man

Welcome to the best e-body site ever! I love your Challenger..... congrats!!  Feel free to give us more details and we love pics!
Keep yer foot in it

Cuda Cody

RUNCHARGER

Good looking car. Don't be afraid to ask up when you get into it and have any questions. I like the 70's pickups as well. This was a factory 440 shorty I restored.
Sheldon

B and A Bill

Quote from: anlauto on April 12, 2020, 07:34:23 AM
Welcome to the site and to the world of E Bodies :twothumbsup:  I hope the Ford truck belongs to a friend or something :Thud:

LOL! The Ford "Ruby" is the wife's. It is an '04. Probably one of the nicest '04's left on the planet. Mostly because it is a garage queen.
Not my favorite vehicle in our fleet. But, I hate her '10 Camaro far worse!
I drive an '04 Dodge 3500 diesel 4x4 regularly. But, it is down right now, so my daily has been my '70 D200.
The big Dodge, and the little Dodge:

JS29

:welcome: some details are needed, engine, trans, ext, ext.  :cheers:

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: I had a few too. 1970, 383 D100, 05 3500. I brought the D100 back from Az. Anyway great Challenger, I think you bought a good car there.
Sheldon

anlauto

Okay, you're forgiven on the Ford truck... :rofl: :rofl: Maybe she'll come around one day  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

usraptor

:welcome: from Utah!  Beautiful car.  Can't wait to hear more about it and what your plans for it are.