Main Menu

New future E-body owner from Australia

Started by Bad Bird, October 17, 2021, 12:03:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Bad Bird

Hi All,

Thank you for letting me join your forum! I'm an Aussie guy who sadly does not yet own an E-body, but I hope to in the near future.  In particular, I'm hoping to purchase a 1970 Challenger R/T 4 speed of any color or engine flavour (matching numbers is not needed). In the mean time, I hope to learn as much as I can about these beautiful cars. I've only ever seen one in the flesh in my entire life, and I've wanted to own one for at least 20 years!

Cheers guys! :australia: :unitedstates:

blown motor

Welcome to forum from Canada. Good luck with search.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

Another welcome from Canada! Happy hunting!  :wave:

cudamadd

Welcome fellow Aussie have hunting ,it's half the fun .cheers  :australia:

cudamadd

anlauto

Well, you've accomplished the first step already, you've found the best E Body web site in the WORLD....welcome from Canada :canada: :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

Bad Bird

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome!

QuoteWelcome fellow Aussie have hunting ,it's half the fun .cheers  :australia:

I agree. I've been hunting seriously for about 6 months - no luck so far though!

QuoteWell, you've accomplished the first step already, you've found the best E Body web site in the WORLD....welcome from Canada :canada:

It sure sounds like it. This is the first car forum that I've been on in years; I have to say that Facebook just isn't the same.  Also, I'd love to travel to Canada again - it's definitely one of the most beautiful countries in the world.

- Matt B.

ledphoot

Welcome to the board!

Do you think you will find one in Australia or will you need to import it?

Bad Bird

QuoteWelcome to the board!

Do you think you will find one in Australia or will you need to import it?

That is a really good question, one that I've thought about a lot. There aren't too many Challengers in Australia, and even fewer come up for sale. Whilst it would be so much easier (in terms of taxes, duties, legal requirements) to purchase locally, I've pretty much lost hope in finding such a car.  As a result, I think that I'll have to import (something I have done before, for my numbers matching 1969 big block Corvette 4 speed).

jimynick

G'day mate, from Ontario,  :canada: and good luck with your quest. I agree that importation will be the most likely resolution to the supply problem and hope you find a good one!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Bad Bird

QuoteG'day mate, from Ontario,  :canada: and good luck with your quest. I agree that importation will be the most likely resolution to the supply problem and hope you find a good one! 

G'day to you as well! Lots of Canadians here, which is cool. Some of my best mates live in Squamish, which is just such a pretty area. I'd love to get to the East coast one day as well!

Chryco Psycho

Dakota

:wave:  Welcome to the site from Buffalo, New York!   Glad to have you with us.   I wish you great success finding your dream car.   I have a 70 Challenger 340 4 speed.   

jbaha