Main Menu

New guy from Alabama

Started by JJ, November 23, 2020, 05:45:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JJ

My father bought me this 1974 Barracuda in 1977, from the original owner, when I was in high school. I moved to Texas in 1986 and couldn't take it so I kept it at my dads. Knowing it would ruin sitting outside, in 1992 my dad sold it back to the original owner. Fast forward 28 years, I finally tracked down the car, at the beginning of 2020, still owned by the man my father sold it back to. After a lot of prayers and a 30 min talk, we both agreed it was time for me to get it back once again. Here is it now....

JJ

cuda hunter

That's a great looking car!  Too cool you got your car back and the original owner also got his car back again.  Pretty awesome experience for the both of you. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RUNCHARGER

Great story, Welcome to the forum.
Sheldon

Dakota

jimynick

Serendipity is the word that comes to mind, and I hope you enjoy the car all the more due to the circumstances. Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Cuda Cody

That's a story that should be in a magazine.  :banana:

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site , fantastic story & congrats  :twothumbsup:

cudamadd

A very warm welcome. Unbelievable story fantastic that you have your car back looks great cheers  :australia:

Smallblock340

That is a great story! :welcome: to the site from Netherlands!  :ohyeah:
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

anlauto

Car looks great, great story...welcome to the best E Body website in the world  :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Wow great looking car!  Enjoyed the story behind it as well!  Welcome!

tx9cuda

Awesome car. Congrats on getting it back. Roll Tide!
BS23H1B

JS29

:welcome:    :handshake: We like hearing details, What engine/transmission etc etc. Red was a popular color on barracuda's and one of my favorite's.  :bravo: On getting it back!!!

Mr Lee

Nice looking ride.  So who restored it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Spikedog08

Beautiful car!   Great story!  Welcome to the site from Michigan!   :wave:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!