Main Menu

New guy from ca with a questions

Started by Purepony, October 10, 2020, 03:22:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Purepony

Hi everyone. New guy with a questions here

I have a challenger that I'm converting from a 904 to a a833 od 4 speed and if I understand correctly the 727 drive shaft will work without any mods ?

If that's true. Does anyone know where I can find one ? Would it have to be e body specific ? Small block or block block matter ?

Here's a pic of my car

CudaMoparRay

Sorry can't help you with that question but the great people on this forum that know will chime in shortly.
Meanwhile,  :welcome: from Riverside, California

Fastmark

Best thing to do is look up doctor diff on the web. He can order you the correct one when you send him the information he needs.  406-883-4772..

anlauto

As for a driveshaft. The length you will need is unique to a Dodge Challenger with a 727 auto or a A833 four speed with an 8 3/4 rear axle.

They are getting a little difficult to find decent originals, plus by the time you clean it up, make sure it's balanced right etc... you could save yourself a lot of headaches just buying a new one. There are lots of shops that will make one the length you require.  :alan2cents:

Welcome to the best E Body website in the WORLD !!! :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama  :wave: :wave:
Great looking Chall , the 4 spd will make it a lot more fun to drive .
Yes the 727 & 833 use the same slip yolk & length .

Brads70

:welcome:  Nice looking Challenger!  4 speed should be fun!

RUNCHARGER

Welcome, great looking car. I have your driveshaft but shipping would cost too much.
Sheldon

B5fourspeed

There is a driveline shop in San Leandro calif off of Teagarden.They will make you whatever you want

Purepony

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 10, 2020, 07:04:15 PM
Welcome, great looking car. I have your driveshaft but shipping would cost too much.

How much ?

And where are you located ? Greyhound charges pretty cheap on shipping

autoxcuda

Quote from: Purepony on October 10, 2020, 03:22:54 PM

I have a challenger that I'm converting from a 904 to a a833 od 4 speed and if I understand correctly the 727 drive shaft will work without any mods ?

If that's true. Does anyone know where I can find one ? Would it have to be e body specific ? Small block or block block matter ?

Here's a pic of my car

You're here in LA

Gotta go to Fall Fling just over in Irwindale Dragstrip in 2 weeks on Oct 24th

125 Mopar Swap Meet 200+ Mopars, 100 Mopar drag.

Largest Mopar event in 2020 in Western US

There will be people there with driveshafts, 4spd conversion setups, everything. Vendors knowledgeable on what you want to do, networking with others... etc

There's a swap seller Mark Rauch that typically brings a whole 4sd swap setup.

Fall Fling Flyer:

https://mcusercontent.com/94d7ef227e1d808b03725c80a/files/8fc62106-af5c-44d1-b336-3ad81411bef5/FF20_Flyer.pdf

Tickets:

https://tickets.thefoat.com/IrwindaleSpeedway/Fall+Fling+25th+Anniversary+Oct.+24th+at+Irwindale/tickets/event-36996/
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

chargerdon

Best prices for a new slip yoke is at:  https://www.actionmachineinc.com/collections/transmission-slip-yoke/products/2603-30?variant=30462696325 $50 plus shipping !!   PS...they have different models that take the different sized Universal joints...  So once you have your driveshaft and know which U-Joint you will have..then buy the appropriate slip yoke.    They also can make you a custom driveshaft !!   Free shipping on anything over $100.   Nice knowledgeable people !!

anlauto

WoW...that is a great price on a slip yoke. :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Purepony

Quote from: autoxcuda on October 11, 2020, 07:40:27 AM

Here's a pic of my car

You're here in LA

There will be people there with driveshafts, 4spd conversion setups, everything. Vendors knowledgeable on what you want to do, networking with others... etc

Fall Fling Flyer:

https://mcusercontent.com/94d7ef227e1d808b03725c80a/files/8fc62106-af5c-44d1-b336-3ad81411bef5/FF20_Flyer.pdf

Tickets:

https://tickets.thefoat.com/IrwindaleSpeedway/Fall+Fling+25th+Anniversary+Oct.+24th+at+Irwindale/tickets/event-36996/

Thanks for the invite friend

I actually wanted to ask why it's at irwindale this time ? Wasn't it at Woodley park ?
I'd like to go but I'd like to drive my car there lol 😂 is hate to drive there to get parts plus I practically assembled my car out of spring fling and fall fling

autoxcuda

Quote from: Purepony on October 11, 2020, 09:06:22 AM
Quote from: autoxcuda on October 11, 2020, 07:40:27 AM

Here's a pic of my car

You're here in LA

Fall Fling Flyer:

Tickets:

Thanks for the invite friend

I actually wanted to ask why it's at irwindale this time ? Wasn't it at Woodley park ?
I'd like to go but I'd like to drive my car there lol 😂 is hate to drive there to get parts plus I practically assembled my car out of spring fling and fall fling

Irwindale because LA City Park are still closed for all events. Irwindale or nothing.

It's only 25 miles to Irwindale from SFV. Woodley or Irwindale, if you drive your car you gotta haul parts back.

I'm at Long Beach Swap Meet right now signing up swappers. They are chopping at the bit for places to sell.

Bring a big wad of cash.

Talking with a guy that works with the new owner of the just found Arizona 71 Hemi Challenger 4spd. Talking with them to show the car at Fall Fling
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

anlauto

I'll say it again....you guys are so lucky you can still have events like this  :twothumbsup: I'm truly envious  :'(