Main Menu

New guy from CA

Started by RubyRhod, October 16, 2018, 04:21:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RubyRhod

Hi all, dad and I picked up a 70 cuda earlier this year and have been slowly bringing it up to driveable. New QA1 k-member, and front re-build just about complete minus torsion bars, shocks and a few other pieces in the car.

Need to re-construct the window channel on the front windshield and get some seatbelts for the car and we're about ready to rat rod around town.

Cuda Cody

Welcome @RubyRhod   :welcome:  Pretty cool project Cuda you got there!  :banana:   :veryexcited:

xx88man

:welcome:  That is a really cool project... how about giving us some details about it?
Keep yer foot in it

RubyRhod

Quote from: Cuda Cody on October 16, 2018, 04:24:15 PM
Welcome @RubyRhod   :welcome:  Pretty cool project Cuda you got there!  :banana:   :veryexcited:

Thanks! I should also mention it's a 440 6 pack

RubyRhod

Quote from: xx88man on October 16, 2018, 04:32:21 PM
:welcome:  That is a really cool project... how about giving us some details about it?

Sure thing, it was born a 340 top banana yellow car with a vinyl top, but the previous owner was an old school drag racer and dropped in a 440 6 pack. Currently we plan to turn the car into a 440 AAR lemon twist cuda, have the side exhaust on the way (already have the hood). The rear has been converted to disc with one of the summit kits that come with the el dorado calipers.

The roof and deck filler areas started rotting away, there is quite a bit of bondo around the car. We cut the deck filler out and fit a new one. The passenger rear quarter took a good hit and we found fiberglass mixed with foil and other goodies making up the sail panel area. Not 100% sure what we're doing yet, considering a new quarter/roof or some slight fixes.

Looking to remake the window channel on the front, check brakes and get the car registered in CA before proceeding to further restore the car.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama  :wave:
That should look great as a 440 AAR  :twothumbsup:

RUNCHARGER

Welcome from B.C. Canada.
Sheldon

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: and good luck with the car, it should go like stinko!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

dodgemania

71-440

:welcome:

Welcome aboard! Nice project you have there. Keep us posted on your progress.
Joe

nsmall

Welcome to a great site.  I live in CA too.  Where abouts are you located?  Good luck with the Resto

cudamadd

:welcome: Nice project  :australia:

RubyRhod

Quote from: nsmall on October 16, 2018, 07:36:05 PM
Welcome to a great site.  I live in CA too.  Where abouts are you located?  Good luck with the Resto

Thanks! I'm in the East Bay Area, picked up the car about 5 minutes down the street from my house. Was previously owned by a racer who used to race his two other barracudas at the old Fremont drag strip. His cars were Shaker and Shaker II.