Main Menu

new guy from Ontario

Started by Sundaydriver, March 21, 2020, 06:14:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

xx88man

:welcome:  from the other side of the country  :canada:
Keep yer foot in it

mopower

:welcome: to the site, North of London Ontario here :)

blown motor

@mopower Where north of London are you from?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

340challconvert

Sundaydriver
Hello and  :welcome:from New Jersey

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

mopower

I'm ten minutes outside of Lucan

blown motor

You're not that far from me.

boydsdodge

Hello from Toronto, please share info on Brooks Challenger

jimynick

Quote from: mopower on April 10, 2020, 08:51:18 AM
Home of the former Shillelagh! Now a medical office, which only seems right, as there were gynecological studies undertaken there many nights in the old days!  :cheers:
Also former home of the Black Donnellys! 
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Swamp Donkey

Quote from: jimynick on April 10, 2020, 07:55:03 PM
Quote from: mopower on April 10, 2020, 08:51:18 AM
Home of the former Shillelagh! Now a medical office, which only seems right, as there were gynecological studies undertaken there many nights in the old days!  :cheers:
Also former home of the Black Donnellys!

I remember reading a book about the black Donnellys.  Of course it was about 25 years ago and I remember almost nothing!  And welcome from B.C.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

blown motor

There's a new Black Donnelly book out. I got a copy a couple days ago.

Sundaydriver

In early 1970 Mark Schwien partnered with Canadian Grand Prix driver Grant Clark to build a 70 Challenger for the Trans Am series with support from Chrysler. Schwien finished the car, but by this time Chrysler was pulling back support, keeping parts for factory teams, and Schwien was unable to get an engine. The car was put up for sale to recover some of the money, $14000, Schwien had invested. In 1971 two guys from the Atlanta area purchased the car, found a Keith Black 305, and made it to the final race of the 71 season at Riverside. Dick Brooks was hired to drive the car. After 13 laps in the race, the engine expired, car was packed up and back to Georgia. Again the car was put up for sale. In early 74 the car was sold. Went to Canada, roll cage changed, and raced on a half mile oval for a season. Then never raced again
In 1971 Brock Yates wrote a book called The Sunday Driver,. Chapter 13 talks about him going to Riverside with this Challenger. Which some call the Sunday Driver Challenger

Brads70

:thinking:  any idea where the car is now?

Sundaydriver

My father was the one that brought it to Canada in 74. I now have care of it. I have been working on it as time and money permit. Hoping to have it finished this year, but will have to see how much this lock down affects the finances

Brads70

Quote from: Sundaydriver on April 12, 2020, 05:30:24 AM
My father was the one that brought it to Canada in 74. I now have care of it. I have been working on it as time and money permit. Hoping to have it finished this year, but will have to see how much this lock down affects the finances

Very cool, post up some pictures if you could!  :)

Sundaydriver

See if my pix post