Main Menu

New guy trying to learn to speak Mopar

Started by roughcut, April 07, 2022, 12:42:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

roughcut

Hello from Houston area. New guy to this forum and Mopar overall. Hoping to learn the "language". No project yet. Thanks!

Dakota

Welcome to the forum from Buffalo, NY.    I used to live in The Woodlands, so I know right where you're at.  You will find great advice, answers to virtually any Mopar question, and some fine folks within these virtual walls.   

roughcut

I live a stone's throw from The Woodlands. Rayford/Sawdust exit.

YellowThumper

Welcome aboard.
Mopar is the "not so secret" best out there.
This forum is top notch for our Ebodys.
Great group, well managed and above all well versed in all E information.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

erik70rt

Welcome from northeast Pennsylvania!!! 

This is a great site with lots of knowledge and members willing to help each other with anything from advice, technical knowledge, restoration tips, looking at cars, parts, projects and more!  Don't be afraid to ask any question - even if you think it might be a silly one.  A number of us here have been in the e-body realm for a LONG time. 

Are you looking to get?  A restoration project?  Restomod?  Finished car?  Driver? Show quality?
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Rich G.

Welcome to the Mopar world, where everyone is friendly and everything cost twice as much! LOL

roughcut

I would love to find a project 70 Challenger. They seem to be scarce nowadays and most I've seen are already done. I love the building process so buying one already done isn't my objective. Most of all I'm here to learn. Thanks all for the warm welcome.

torredcuda

You`ll learn plenty in the forums but also hit the Resources tab upper right for some good info including what to look for when buying one.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ZippyZoo

Welcome from Denver!  There are project cars out there.  Some are pretty rough and many can be pricey.  This forum is a great place to find available projects and to ask for input from the experts before buying. 
Hope you find the project you are looking for!

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: and may I be the first to say, "buy the best car you can afford" . I don't know what your skill levels are insofar as bodywork, paint/mechanical, so I hope you find a car that fits all the above! '70's are the most expensive generally, to buy. Just FYI.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

70vert

Welcome, to best car forum ever!!
I am in North Houston, almost Tomball. Right off HWY 249.

MoparLeo

One of the biggest pet peeves of Mopar people is the use of "Posi or posi-traction" rears for Mopars.
Mopar correct term is "Sure-grip" for a limited slip differential. And is trademarked by Chrysler.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

YellowThumper

Quote from: MoparLeo on April 07, 2022, 06:45:59 PM
One of the biggest pet peeves of Mopar people is the use of "Posi or posi-traction" rears for Mopars.
Mopar correct term is "Sure-grip" for a limited slip differential. And is trademarked by Chrysler.

LOL yes and of course the black painted engine bays...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

JS29

Or three deuce's or try power. It' six-pack for Dodge, Six- barrel, sixbbl on a Plymouth.   :welcome: from central NY  :handshake: