Main Menu

New here, but not to Mopars

Started by Barry, April 16, 2021, 11:38:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Barry

I recently purchased a 1970 T/A, numbers matching, that was sitting for about 20 years. A friend of mine bought it 30 years ago, and I recently talked him out of it. Engine was rebuilt about 1,000 miles ago, but... I am going to do a ton in preventive maintenance before I attempt to start it! Misting the cylinders with oil, and letting it sit, turning the engine over by hand and doing it again. Changing ALL fluids, new radiator, heater core, fuel system from the tank, sender, fill pipe, fuel lines, pump, carb overhauls, trans fluid.... and that is before starting it! Then before driving, new brake calipers, wheel cylinders, rubber and metal brake lines, brake master and booster, and of course bleed the system!

My last Mopar was a '68 Roadrunner, that I dropped a built 440 in, and put a fiberglass 6-barrel hood on. A sort of copy of the Sox and Martin Roadrunner from back in the day. Prior to that, a '71 340 Duster, a 70' 340 Duster, and TWO AAR Cuda's. Plus others before those!

Thanks for having me!

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the forum @Barry   :welcome:  Sweet T/A!   :clapping:

JS29

tparker

Sweet car. I wanted a T/A. Kinda inspired my 340 challenger, though it is no T/A. Welcome aboard

Brads70

Welcome great car, we all wish we had a buddy like that!  :yes:

7E-Bodies

Glad you accepted the invite, @Barry
Welcome to the forum...nice car!
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: Barry and congrats on your score!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site Barry  :wave:
Congarts on scoring a cool T/A !

CudaMoparRay

cudamadd

Welcome Barry very nice T/A  to build or just have fun as is  awesome  :australia:

Dakota

:waving: Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY.   Looks like you have a lot of Mopar history.  Great to have you with us!

usraptor

:welcome: from Utah.  Nice T/A!  :twothumbsup:  Keep us posted on your progress and remember  :needphotos:

Smallblock340

:welcome: to the site from Netherlands! Great car! 8) :twothumbsup:
H6T5 Tan interior? Would love to see more pictures! :takepicture:
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

dodgemania

Hood

Welcome to the forum from the Motor City.  Your list of preventative maintenance items will be well worth it. Very nice T/A. :ohyeah:
Original owner with 100% documentation.
Ordered my Cuda on September 29th 1972