Main Menu

New here from St. Louis

Started by 318Stroker, June 17, 2017, 01:51:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

318Stroker

Hi, my name is Allen, from St. Louis. I have an FE5 Red 73 Challenger that was 6 months old when I bought it in Dec 73 with 6,000 miles, still under the 12/12 warranty. I've been through a lot with the car, but somehow we both managed to survive my wild younger days, in spite of my worst efforts... ::)

The car came with a black vinyl top, black buckets w/console, 14" rallyes, p/s, p/b, a/c, light pkg, and tinted glass. It's been converted to a Rallye car with the addition of the R/T hood, side louvers (no strobes), flip gas cap, split chrome tips, both sway bars, and rallye gauges. The original uncracked dash pad has been converted to a 3 speaker dash. Over the years I've also added cruise, rear defogger, hood pins, and a 6-way seat.

When I restored the car 15 years ago, I added a 70 black bumblebee stripe, front spoiler tips, 71 wing, 71 R/T hood decal, and 70 Challenger R/T badging on the decklid. I also upgraded the 14" rallyes to 15's, and added rear disc brakes.

The engine is still the numbers 318, bored and stroked to 396 (I don't dare badge it as a 396... :D), with Eddy heads and the 68-70 340 hi-po manifolds. Approx 400 hp, 400 torque. The 904 got replaced with a 727. And yes, I have the fender tag and a mint buildsheet. All numbers match on the car, with the exception of the trans, which bit the dust in the 70's.

Being an old man going kicking and screaming into the computer age, I'll have to figure out how to post pics. Anyway, hello guys and gals!

Cuda Cody

Welcome @318Stroker    :welcome:  Very cool story.  Glad you still have the Challenger.  When you are ready to share some photos we'll all be excited to see them.  Just click the "Choose File" when replying and then select the photo from your computer.  This might help if you like to see photos about how to post photos.   :bigthumb:

https://forum.e-bodies.org/forum-help-and-suggestions/14/how-to-post-on-the-forum/558/

Rev-It-Up

:wave: Hi 318Stroker! Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing pics of your Challenger. It's pretty cool you've had it so long.  :yes:
Rev-It-Up

J-Code Jeni

:welcome: & we're glad you braved the internet to join e-Bodies!  :D What a great story you have!

The people here are super nice & helpful... with your decades of experience and a restoration under your belt, you'll be an asset to the ground for sure!

70/6chall

A big MOPAR welcome to you from SoCal! Sounds like you've had your '73 Challenger as long as I've had my '70 Challenger, I bought my '70 as a used trade-in w/ 40K miles from my local Dodge dealership for $1,100. In Mar. '73.  Thanks,   Al

318Stroker

Hi Al. I see you have a slant 6 Challenger. Years ago I had a daily driver slant for 10 years, and it was a weird one. It was an SE, DY3 Cream, black vinyl top, black/white hounds tooth cloth buckets, auto w/console, p/s, and the topper was...factory a/c. Car wouldn't get out of it's own way with the a/c on, when It had 2 speeds...stopped and floored... :D

It was a cool and unusual Challenger, and I wish I still had it.

Cuda Cody

DY3 was a very rare color.  We're working on getting the totals right now and hope to have them on the site soon.

Quote from: 318Stroker on June 17, 2017, 03:00:08 PM
Hi Al. I see you have a slant 6 Challenger. Years ago I had a daily driver slant for 10 years, and it was a weird one. It was an SE, DY3 Cream, black vinyl top, black/white hounds tooth cloth buckets, auto w/console, p/s, and the topper was...factory a/c. Car wouldn't get out of it's own way with the a/c on, when It had 2 speeds...stopped and floored... :D

318Stroker

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 17, 2017, 03:04:51 PM
DY3 was a very rare color.  We're working on getting the totals right now and hope to have them on the site soon.

Quote from: 318Stroker on June 17, 2017, 03:00:08 PM

Cody, I still have a copy of the broadcast if you are interested. It's not a great copy, but most of it is legible.

Cuda Cody

:yes:  For sure!  I would love to see the sheet.  My email is codyreich@comcast.net.   :twothumbsup:

Quote from: 318Stroker on June 17, 2017, 03:15:23 PM

Cody, I still have a copy of the broadcast if you are interested. It's not a great copy, but most of it is legible.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Cudakiller70

:welcome: From krazyfornia Cool story

Jay Bee

:wave: Welcome to the site from St. Catharine's, ON  :canada:

Chryco Psycho

Welcome , congrats on keeping the car all these years  :waving:

jimynick

Welcome to the site from  :canada:   :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

CudaMoparRay