Main Menu

New here in Colorado

Started by the owl, December 13, 2017, 04:29:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

the owl

Hey guys, my name is Tom I'm new to the forum. I just thought I would introduce myself.

I'm new to mopars, excluding jeeps, I love projects and am always buying/selling/building. Anyways the newest project is a 71 challenger. This is my 46th car but my first "original" build, everything else has been cut, chopped, slammed, turbo'd, lifted, swapped etc.

I recently purchased this car https://forum.e-bodies.org/cars-for-sale-or-wanted/8/sold-project-71-challenger-383-auto/4009/msg63001#msg63001 and am just getting into it. I'm hoping I will have the brakes and suspension wrapped up this weekend. It will be sitting on 17x9 year one rally wheels. The for sale thread started turning into a discussion post so I thought I would start an intro so we don't pollute the FS section. 

I'm sure I'll have a lot of posts of where to find parts or what is this funny mopar specific do-dad so bare with me. I've sourced almost everything (that I'm aware of at this time) except the rear window trim and the grill insert. The trim is necessary but the grill insert, I have already come to the conclusion I will have to make them or move to a 1970 grill, I won't pay $1200 for a grill out of principal.

Excited to learn from you all!

Brads70

Welcome sounds like a fun project! Enjoy!

Roadman

Welcome  :welcome:   :welcome:  We are here to help, and have fun.   :D    :unitedstates: :rebelflag"

moparcar

Welcome @the owl

That's a great car you picked up. I'm also from Colorado in Erie and I'm also building a 71 Challenger. Don't give up on the 71 grill. Keep looking. That's really what makes the 71 so different.

Wes

ToxicWolf

:welcome:   You won't find a better place to be.   :wave:

the owl

Quote from: MoparCar on December 13, 2017, 04:50:17 PM
Welcome @the owl

That's a great car you picked up. I'm also from Colorado in Erie and I'm also building a 71 Challenger. Don't give up on the 71 grill. Keep looking. That's really what makes the 71 so different.

Wes

Nice, how far along are you in your build? I have some duplicate parts so don't hesitate to reach out if your looking.

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the best E body site , do you need a calender ?

Jay Bee

:wave:  Welcome aboard from Ontario  :canada:

Cudakiller70

Dakota

Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY! :banana:

RUNCHARGER

Welcome: You bought as great car. I would keep a 71 grille in it as they are really rare (1 year only) and unique. You could work with what you have or wait for a better used one to come up for sale. It just takes patience sometimes.
Sheldon

nsmall

:iagree:

Patience can save you a lot of money and unfortunately a lot of these parts are very expensive.  And that grill might be kind of hard to wait around for but hopefully something will come up.

I absolutely love GA4.  No pressure to answer but are you going to keep it gunmetal grey?  It's like a modern color yet it's an original color so to me it's super cool.

J-Code Jeni

:welcome: from SW Washington! Great car :congrats:

Thanks for joining & I have to say, you joined the right forum! 

Cuda Cody

:welcome:  Welcome Tom!   :welcome:  So glad to have you be part of our site.  We love seeing project get done and helping out any way we can.   :drinkingbud:

303 Mopar

Welcome officially to the site Tom.  I still need to get out to your place but life is getting in the way.  Hopefully the week between Christmas and New Years if you are in town.