Main Menu

New here

Started by pflug, January 09, 2022, 08:04:07 AM

Previous topic Next topic

pflug

Been looking at stuff here a while, figured I'd say hello- have has a '70 Challenger R/T in project state waiting for some love for almost 30 years now- lots of life and not much for funds for most of the time.  Youngest is graduating college this year so hopefully right time to make it nice.  And yes- it did spend some time in a barn.....

Plans include back to original color combo - Burnt Orange/ White Bumblebee with burnt orange cloth interior- hated that color for a long time but it's grown on me over the years.  Original motor and trans long gone as well as the '68 440 that was in it when I got it- currently has a running low mile '74 400 out of a rusty Monaco parts car from years ago with plans to use it as a core for a healthy stroker

Hope to have something as nice as I see here in the not too distant future

Dakota

Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY.   Life definitely has a way of getting in the way of these car restorations.   Good on you for your patience getting to this point.  As you've seen, there's lots of help available here when you're ready for it. 

anlauto

Step One: Find the best E Body website in the World ---- COMPLETED

Welcome  :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Challenger in NC

Cool challenger, cool barn!

Brads70

Welcome for Barrie, Ontario, Canada. Great car! Enjoy it! I'm really grateful that I too own a 70 Challenger but as much as I enjoy the car.... the friends I've made because of the car I value more. I hope the same for you!  :handshake:

cudamadd

Welcome. Well done for keeping her so long . I think the factory colour combo is beautiful. Looks great sleeping in that barn
Family first cars come second ,but you have it . Enjoy the build it's fun sometimes lol  :australia:

CudaMoparRay

:welcome: from Riverside, California

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: and congrats on hanging onto the old gal until you could afford to "get 'r done". Keep us posted.   :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Chryco Psycho

Welcome from Panama .
Looks like a great project ! :wave:

dodgemania

cuda hunter

Howdy from Colorado! 

Let's see a fender tag readout. please?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Smallblock340

:welcome: to the site from Netherlands!  :wave:
Cool project. Great factory colour combo!  :twothumbsup:
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

pflug

Fender Tag- nothing exotic here, just a basic R/T:

E63 D32 JS23 N0B 190052-  383- Automatic- R/T from Hamtramck
FK5 H5K4 000-B13 024482- Burnt Orange body paint- Burnt Orange interior with cloth insert seats- full door panels-SPD 11-13-69  VON 024482
FK5 A62 C16 C55 M21 N41 N42 N85 R11- Burnt Orange roof paint- Rallye Cluster-Console- Buckets- Drip molding- dual exhaust with tips-Tach-AM Radio
V9W YO5 EN2- White bumblebee- US spec- Line 2

Also has Power Steering and manual brakes- visual test from years ago suggests 3.23 open

Last known registration 1979 Georgia- purchased in SE Michigan 1992 or 1993

RJChallenger

:welcome: From Hamilton Ont. Love the wooded shop/barn

cuda hunter

Cool car and great fender tag!  Super cool color combo!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee