Main Menu

New Member: 73 Barracuda / 6.1L/TR6060 Swap in Progress

Started by planesavers, January 19, 2021, 07:52:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

planesavers

Hi All,

I just joined the site. I have a 1973 Barracuda (318 Auto) that I'm swapping in a 6.1L/TR6060 from a 2010 SRT8 Challenger.

Because I want to use the OEM TR6060 from the Challenger, I need some advice about converting to a Hydraulic Clutch. I have a set OEM E-body Pedal Set and I'm hoping to use the stock 2010 Challenger Throw Out Bearing (if possible?). The Physical problems of the tunnel clearance and tranny cross-member are hopefully already solved. (I don't have the engine and tranny in my hands yet).

So my main question is...  What is the best setup to buy from the firewall to the Tranny?
I see Full Hydraulic Conversion kits but because I have the pedal and an odd Tranny I was hoping you guys could help me with some part numbers so I can piece build a kit.

Rich G.

I have the hydraulic setup in my cuda and I don't think the pedal will be a problem. The M/C bolts to the firewall and the rod hooks to the pedal. If you have the stock T/B setup for that engine trans I would think you would just have to get a line made up to connect the two together. I'd call Silver Sport and check to see if there M/C setup will work with the newer  CSC.

JS29

74-5.7

Welcome from Colorado. I have  seen that car in the background of some of the planesaver videos on you tube, glad it's getting some love!!

cudamadd

Dakota

Welcome to the forum from Buffalo, NY. 

I out an American Powertrain hydraulic throwing bearing in my 70 Challenger with an A833 tranny. 

The biggest issue I had with the install was creating a useable mounting point on the clutch pedal for the pushrod that drives the master cylinder for the bearing.  I ended up relocating the "arm" on the pedal so that it didn't require my wife to use both feet on the clutch when she drives it. 

usraptor

Don't have an answer to your question, but I'm sure others will chime in.   :welcome: from Utah!

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site from Michigan!  Glad you signed up!  Love your flat hood cuda . .  :wave:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: and good luck with your conversion.  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

CudaMoparRay

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama !
I thought I responded to this thread but don't see it now  :thinking:

Dakota

:handshake: Welcome from Buffalo, NY!   Great to see long ownership stories like yours.   You'll find plenty of help here when questions come up as you get your car back together. 

Smallblock340

Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ