Main Menu

New Member from Florida

Started by Glassman, March 06, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Glassman

Been lurking around this site for six months now and decided to introduce myself. I currently have a 73 Challenger Rallye. Originally a 318 auto that's been converted to 340- 4speed. Bought the car as a running and driving "no rust" vehicle. Had no rust because of the cases of undercoating used to cover it up. Car is now a shell and the metal replacement has begun. Will be asking a lot of questions and this seems to be the forum with the most experience.

Anyway, first question: Has anybody used or know anybody who has, the complete front frame rail and apron assembly from Dynacorn? I need both sides and this seems to be the best way and less work if it fits.

Anyway, thanks and glad to be joining up with the experts!

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the site @Glassman  :banana: glad you introduced yourself. @MoparDave would most likely know about the quality of the Dynacorn stuff.

MoparDave

Quote from: Glassman on March 06, 2018, 01:00:32 PM
Been lurking around this site for six months now and decided to introduce myself. I currently have a 73 Challenger Rallye. Originally a 318 auto that's been converted to 340- 4speed. Bought the car as a running and driving "no rust" vehicle. Had no rust because of the cases of undercoating used to cover it up. Car is now a shell and the metal replacement has begun. Will be asking a lot of questions and this seems to be the forum with the most experience.

Anyway, first question: Has anybody used or know anybody who has, the complete front frame rail and apron assembly from Dynacorn? I need both sides and this seems to be the best way and less work if it fits.

Anyway, thanks and glad to be joining up with the experts!

Welcome.

and yes I have sold plenty of Dii parts as with GDMRK and AMD. to answer your question of the front rail assemblies. They have discontinued the LEFT side. right is currently available with 10 on hand. they do offer the apron kit which is the individual pieces. then you would have to purchase the rail and tower separately. At that point I would also purchase the upper and lower radiator supports unless yours are pristine and you want to reuse them. hope this answers your questions.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

anlauto

Hello, welcome to the best E Body website in the world....I do a lot of rust bucket restoration and have replaced a lot of panels, but never used the particular  DII piece. My supplier told me the only complaint he's had about those part is that the spot welds are weak and have a tendency to "pop"  :o but like I said...no first hand experience here. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

:wave:  Welcome from Ontario  :canada:  .  FYI: Mopardave is a great guy to do business with.

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site from Michigan!  Glad you signed up and sounds like you are into a project Challenger pretty deep!  Good luck and post some pics when you get a chance!

:waving:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

headejm

:welcome: from Central Illinois and NW Florida! Keep us posted on your progress and we are always here to help.  :cheers:

LinceCuda

Marc70challenger

Welcome and good luck bringing it back!

340challconvert

Hello and  :welcome: from New Jersey
A lot of good people here.
Dave is a good parts resource and a supporter of the web site. :yes:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Roadman

Welcome Aboard             :welcome:

bluespruce

Welcome from CO, good luck with your project.

moparcar

Welcome to the site from Colorado. You'll have some great support from everyone here with your project!
Wes

RUNCHARGER

Welcome from B.C. Canada and we won't be bored if you load us up with photos of the resto. We're all addicted to photos.
Sheldon

71-440

:welcome: From Atlanta! Good luck on your project!
Joe