Previous topic Next topic

73_Cuda_4_Me

Welcome to the forum from sunny West Michigan!   :welcome:   :welcome:
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

1970 4 Speed

Drivetrain: E86 440, D21 4 Speed, A34 Super Track Pak

What is a matching number car?

The Challenger have matching engine and transmission. Unfortunately somebody had removed the original Dana 60 and installed a B-Body Dana 60. - probably to aim wheel size for traction on the strip. In the older days I believe there where limited backspace availability.

I`m very interested to find a date correct Dana 60 or as close as possible. Scheduled Production Date: 317 March 1970 on the 17 day

Thanks!

blown motor

Welcome from  :canada:  I have a black 74.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Lemontwist

:welcome: :worship: Welcome form PA Beautiful car and I see you also have a Gran Coupe Cuda Convert.  Glad to have you here.  Great people and lots of info here.
Drew

Katfish

Where in Norway?  I just got back from vacation there and loved it, beautiful country.
E-body Dana's are hard to find and if looking for a specific date, makes it even harder.

xx88man

:welcome:  from  :canada:  Awesome Challenger you have there!
Keep yer foot in it

CudaMoparRay

1970 4 Speed

Stavanger, Norway. Thanks, hope you had a nice vacation.

Yes I'm afraid that finding a Dana 60 for E-Body is difficult. Hopefully this site will help me :)

1971Y13

My Dana has 603080 1 that says E-body 3.54 and that's correct, what is 10  9  9  C  7 above the BOM? And 10  2  9A2 ?
1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX

jimynick

Yet another welcome from Ontario,  :canada:  My buddy just got back from visiting his buddy in Norway; I'll have to ask him where he was. That's a beauty as it is though!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

nsmall

@1971Y13   post an advertisement in the "parts wanted" section and hopefully we can start looking for you.  Main issue might be the fact you live in Norway.  I was @Roadman RIP was around as he would look for you. 

Post what you need and we can look for you.

Neil

1971Y13

Quote from: nsmall on September 19, 2018, 09:30:56 PM
@1971Y13   post an advertisement in the "parts wanted" section and hopefully we can start looking for you.  Main issue might be the fact you live in Norway.  I was @Roadman RIP was around as he would look for you. 

Post what you need and we can look for you.

Neil
I do have the Dana, it sat on the Cuda I sold, just wanna know what those numbers mean.
1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX

Katfish

Quote from: 1970 4 Speed on September 19, 2018, 11:50:25 AM

Yes I'm afraid that finding a Dana 60 for E-Body is difficult. Hopefully this site will help me :)

I spent a week in Stavanger and did the Pulpit Rock hike.
In your situation, I would think you're better off buying a new Dana.
Get in touch with Dr Diff, probably cost you ~$2.5k, but it would be all new.
Originals are hard to find and it would be a nightmare to get something shipped over and then find out you have to completely rebuild it.

Katfish

nsmall

Quote from: Katfish on September 20, 2018, 10:41:25 AM
Quote from: 1970 4 Speed on September 19, 2018, 11:50:25 AM

I spent a week in Stavanger and did the Pulpit Rock hike.
In your situation, I would think you're better off buying a new Dana.
Get in touch with Dr Diff, probably cost you ~$2.5k, but it would be all new.
Originals are hard to find and it would be a nightmare to get something shipped over and then find out you have to completely rebuild it.

@Katfish recommened Dr. Diff  http://www.doctordiff.com/  I have heard nothing but good things about this shop (sometimes he takes a long time would be the only complaint)

MoparDave gave you some phone numbers

@1970 4 Speed good luck on your search