Main Menu

New Member from NW Ohio

Started by DodgeGuy, April 15, 2018, 09:17:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

DodgeGuy

Quote from: HEMICUDA on April 15, 2018, 12:24:15 PM
How far west? Come on over and we'll have an ebody party.

I'm located pretty close to the Eastern side of what is considered NW Ohio, near Tiffin.

However, if your username is what you own, I'll gladly take the drive to see you/it!!
1974 Dodge Challenger Rallye
360 4Barrel HP
Factory 4-Speed

DodgeGuy

Just wanted to say thanks for all the welcomes!!

A little bit more about my Challenger.  She's the perfect combination of being in good shape, but still needing a LOT of work, so I can really call it my own.  Obviously, as I mentioned in my OP, the wiring system needs a total redo, which I'm (hopefully) going to start immediately. It's never been restored, it's just in really good shape for being 44 years old.  The interior needs work for sure (cracked dash board, faded carpet, worn vinyl seats, etc.).  I'm going to install one of MY person requirements, a kick@rse stereo!!

As far as the body, it's pretty much all metal, but the rear lower quarters behind the wheels have to be bondo, as I can't get a magnet to stick to them at all.  Whoever patched it did a GREAT job, as you cannot tell, and the paint blends perfectly.  The only other "trouble spots" are along the bottom of the car where the rear of the rocker panels connect into the rear body panels. 

I'm also going to install a T/A spoiler (black) over the next month.  I know some people frown against things like that "not being original", but different strokes for different folks.  I love the look of them, and that's the ONLY non-original body modification I am going to do.

A bit at a time, that's the plan.
1974 Dodge Challenger Rallye
360 4Barrel HP
Factory 4-Speed

Cuda Cody

Welcome @DodgeGuy   :welcome:  Great looking Challenger!   :clapping:   :wowzers:

J-Code Jeni

:welcome: from SW Washington State!

Love the color and stance on your Challenger! Thank you for the great introduction and glad you found this site!

GrandpaKevin

Welcome from N.E. Ohio.

Beautiful Challenger.

Jim AAR

:welcome: from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada :canada:

You have found your E-Body home, the best E-Body site in the world...

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: and congrats on your car! I've got the same car in black, but I really like that grey.  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Spikedog08

Welcome from Michigan!!  Glad you signed up!  Sweet car!   :worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

nsmall

Quote from: DodgeGuy on April 15, 2018, 01:57:45 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for all the welcomes!!

A little bit more about my Challenger.  She's the perfect combination of being in good shape, but still needing a LOT of work, so I can really call it my own.  Obviously, as I mentioned in my OP, the wiring system needs a total redo, which I'm (hopefully) going to start immediately. It's never been restored, it's just in really good shape for being 44 years old.  The interior needs work for sure (cracked dash board, faded carpet, worn vinyl seats, etc.).  I'm going to install one of MY person requirements, a kick@rse stereo!!

As far as the body, it's pretty much all metal, but the rear lower quarters behind the wheels have to be bondo, as I can't get a magnet to stick to them at all.  Whoever patched it did a GREAT job, as you cannot tell, and the paint blends perfectly.  The only other "trouble spots" are along the bottom of the car where the rear of the rocker panels connect into the rear body panels. 

I'm also going to install a T/A spoiler (black) over the next month.  I know some people frown against things like that "not being original", but different strokes for different folks.  I love the look of them, and that's the ONLY non-original body modification I am going to do.

A bit at a time, that's the plan.

JA5?  Love that color. A very helpful member Burdar has a JA5 72-74 challenger here on this site.

If you like the look of the spoiler...go for it.  Life is too short.

You going to do a whole repaint?  Just asking as yours looks nice enough to enjoy without heading down that path of spending the big $$$$.

Need a brand name for wiring?  I have one I can recommend and yes get that squared away ASAP as you dont want the car to burn to the ground.

Thanks for joining.  This place is great and feel free to ask questions.

mopar thunder

Welcome! That is a beautiful car. Glad you found this site and hope you enjoy that car.

Cuda_mark

Welcome from CT. The car looks great with those wheels.

303 Mopar

Welcome from CO!  Great color on that Challenger!   :banana:

anlauto

Yes, welcome.

You'll find other E-Body sites on the internet, but NONE with the available information you'll find here. I'll bet you've only checked out our forum.....try to spend a few hours on our main site to see the vast amount of E Body information NOT available anywhere else. :alan2cents: Check through our reference topics on the forum too.....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HEMICUDA

Quote from: DodgeGuy on April 15, 2018, 01:51:49 PM
Quote from: HEMICUDA on April 15, 2018, 12:24:15 PM
How far west? Come on over and we'll have an ebody party.

I'm located pretty close to the Eastern side of what is considered NW Ohio, near Tiffin.

However, if your username is what you own, I'll gladly take the drive to see you/it!!

How many cars with the "quick change" spark plug option do you want to see?  How about a black AAR Cuda or pink T/A, both stick cars?  Or one of my favorites, the only known FM3 cbody?  If your into racing, how about x2 Drag Pak V10 2011 Challengers?  We also have a couple customer cars going through the shop as well.  Just sayin.  :)

Seriously, you're more than welcome to come to the shop and bench race with me any day.

Michael C. Ross - Owner
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.
8801 Norwalk Road
Litchfield, OH.  44253
Michael@beaparts.com
330-725-3990

Mpdlawdog

Nice car!! 

welcome from Marysville OH...Im also a TU graduate go dragons!  IF I ever get my car together, my first road trip is up there to the Clover Club and getting a pizza fold over from Napolis!