Main Menu

New member in the UK

Started by MattH, June 28, 2018, 03:52:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MattH

just found this site today. I have a 73 Challenger Rallye which has been turned into a Sam Posey Tribute car. It's still a 318 with 904, not a race car underneath!.

It gets used lots. Had a day at Santa Pod drag strip last Friday, best was 16.2 at 83mph so its not fast!
Just about to drive to the Le Mans Classic in France next week, 800 miles round trip from home in the UK.
Second time the car will have been there, first time was 2014, its first big trip after the rebuild.
Ive had the car 24 years, and got it on the road in 2014.

The headlight covers are held on with magnets, so it is fully road legal under the covers. (That is what every body asks).

I'm part of the Mopar Muscle Association UK and have been since 1997. Also own an Australian Chrysler Valiant Charger hemi 6, 265 4 speed.

RUNCHARGER

Welcome from B.C. Canada. Great car.
Sheldon

70/6chall

MattH......Welcome to the forum from SoCal. That is a great looking Sam Posey tribute car. I have been to Santa Pod raceway myself. Where in England are you from? My wife is half British, her mum is from the midlands, Stone, Staffordshire. However all of my in-laws  are from various places over there. In the past 42 years we have made several trips to Jolly Olde England. Her brother ( who we stay with) lives north of London in Cambridge up the M11. He does have a caravan in Clacton-on-Sea on the North Sea been there a few times. As for my favorite place in London it would be "The Ace Cafe" when they have the American classic cars there on display. Enjoy talking to the Brits that bring their Mopars. I do like the hot Rodded Poplars. I have a Santa Pod shirt that I wear here, but I had to go all the way to England to get it.  Ta-Ra mate.     Thanks,   Al

dodgemania

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the site @MattH   :welcome:   Love the look of your car!   :1place:   :clapping:

Brads70

:welcome: Love your car, I'm a bit of a Posey fan myself! Saved a couple pictures of your car also!  :wave:

bluespruce

Welcome from Colorado, looks like a fun car

Chryco Psycho

Welcome Matt from Panama  :wave:
I love the tribute 77 Posey car  :bravo:

JS29

303 Mopar

Welcome, glad you found us! Nice tribute!

Jay Bee

:wave:  Welcome Matt from Ontario  :canada:  Cool ride you got there.

71-440

:welcome:

Welcome from Atlanta! Nice tribute!
Joe

Dakota

:wave: Welcome to the site from Buffalo, New York!  Glad to have you among us.  :wave:

jimynick

Here's yet another welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada:  and when Brad said he was also a Sam Posey fan, he wasn't kidding, so try to see a pic of his car, it looks like yours!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

CudaMoparRay

Great looking car  :welcome: from Sylmar, CA