Main Menu

New member York, Pa

Started by 193rdsow, February 23, 2018, 07:36:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

193rdsow

Hello,

I'm a new member and am currently restoring a 1970 Challenger. The car is an October of 1969 SPD Hamtramck car. Is there a good reference available showing differences between early and later 1970 Challengers?  I know my car gets the crumple free hood and 5/16 hood springs. What else do I need to be looking for to make the car correct?

Thanks!

Jerry

Cuda Cody

@193rdsow   :welcome:  Welcome to the site!!!   :banana:  We would love to see some photos of your car.   :wave:

Chryco Psycho

Welcome from Panama :panama:
The 70 Challenger is unique in so many ways from all other years , there were a few mid year changes as well . I also have a Sept 02 SPD Chall  :wave:

JS29

:welcome: :From central New York, Nice project to have.  :twothumbsup:

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site from Michigan!  Sounds like a sweet car!  Glad you signed up and look forward to the pictures!   

:wave:   :wave:   :wave:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Jay Bee

:wave:  Welcome from Ontario   :canada: 

Jim AAR

:welcome: from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada :canada:

You have found your E-Body home, the best E-Body site in the world...

Roadman

CudaMoparRay

6bblgt

:welcome: & bring on the pics!  what's the drivetrain & color combo?

per your other posts: (A13-SPD)  ~1,000 Challengers were scheduled for October 13, 1969 it was a day where an excessive number of Challengers were scheduled to  queue/fill up the lines for production (average daily Challenger Production was in the 400 car range)  these cars typically would've been built a week early to 2+ weeks late

got a b'cast sheet?

https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/actual-production-date-vs-scheduled-production-date/810/

193rdsow

My '73 Cuda. 340 4 speed. Owned it since '85. 33,000 original miles. 1 repaint. Most of the rubber is original.

usraptor

nsmall

I have a 73 Cuda.  I like the black wheels and stripe against the yellow. Good luck with the 70 challenger.  Welcome to an informative and positive place.

70/6chall

Welcome Jerry from SoCal, you've found a home here. All the E-body comraderie and tech help you can handle. I also own an early build '70 Challenger, out of LA. An SPD of Aug 18, '69 (818) #113. Thanks,   Al

73_Cuda_4_Me

:welcome: to the site from West Michigan! Awesome car!   :ohyeah:
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B