Main Menu

New to forum, not to Challengers...let the rebuild begin! :)

Started by bldeagle1, September 22, 2020, 08:16:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

bldeagle1

Hello, new to this forum, but long time Challenger guy (see below for history). After buying my 72 in Oakland and shipping it back to Chicago (in 2002), started to restore then divorce happened, move to townhouse with one car garage.....anyway, lack of space forced it into storage, it is FINALLY time to get her restored. She is a original FY1 CA car, I have the fender tag and build sheet, and she was ordered without the vinyl top (thank goodness). The 4 Speed is original, the block is not ( 340 was replaced with a 77 vintage 360 block at some point). So starting with a great base. Plan on keeping the 360, as long as it's workable, and stroking it to get as much out of that block as I can leaving the rest of the car as stock as possible (minus the CA emissions package it came with). :) Any suggestions are always welcome!
Former:
1974 Challenger, 318/727 (first car)

Current:
2016 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Shaker (Factory Ordered)
1972 Top Banana Rallye 4 Speed (in restoration)

Chryco Psycho

JS29

73_Cuda_4_Me

:welcome: from sunny West Michigan!

Can't wait to see some pictures!
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

Cudajason

Welcome form Ontario Canada!!! :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada:

my fist suggestion is pics...man we love pics around here!

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Brads70

Welcome sounds like a nice car! Let the games begin!  :D  Stroker is cool!

CudaMoparRay

Dakota

:wave: Welcome from Buffalo, NY.   Good luck with your project.   There's great help available here.

cudamadd

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Smallblock340

:welcome: from Netherlands! Good luck with your restoration project! Pics please! :D
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

Georgetown Ontario Canada welcomes you to the best E Body website in the WORLD  :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

And, yet another welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada:  I note you had a 74; I do too- enjoy!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Timmy2Tires

Welcome neighbor  :wave: If that 360 doesn't work out, I might know where there is a 1971 340. Let me know if you are interested and I will see if it is still available.