Main Menu

New to forum - VA checking in.

Started by mtterry, July 29, 2021, 04:12:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

mtterry

Hi everyone. Been browsing the forum the last few days...

I have been working on my car for quite a few years with my dad.~ 9 years. Its been a slow journey, money, marriage, kids, etc has all gotten in the way.

Few pics of my project!!

1970 Challenger RT/SE

Side note... Anyone ever switch the SE rear window filler out? Can I put a standard rear glass in instead???

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Skid Row

:clapping: Welcome to the "BEST" E-body site there is! WOW! You've saved another one.

Dakota

:wave: Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY. 

I don't know the answer to your window question but I'm sure someone here does. 

mtterry

Quote from: Skid Row on July 29, 2021, 04:40:41 PM
:clapping: Welcome to the "BEST" E-body site there is! WOW! You've saved another one.
Hah, saved is relative. So much new sheet metal on this car.

We haven't done much to the engine. 383, date code on the block is 65 though.

Had the 727 rebuilt locally.

Luckily my dad is pretty handy with everything he does. So I'm certainly still learning. Started this at age 25, I'm 35 now.. he's rebuilt a 68 firebird, and did a lemans to gto  conversion on a 69 for my brother. Here's a pic of him and my brother.

I hear.. "Why the hell would dodge do that.... ?" And "Holy crap that's expensive, I bought that for a 1/3 of the cost with my Pontiac. "

mtterry

Quote from: Dakota on July 29, 2021, 04:42:43 PM
:wave: Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY. 

I don't know the answer to your window question but I'm sure someone here does.
Thanks! Seems like there's a weath of knowledge out there. I have been looking at a new radiator for it, and can't get straight answers on the trans cooler thread size. They seem all over the place. The kit with fans I was looking at said 1/8 npt, but that seems small. That's where I started cruising around this group.

70vert

Welcome!! That is some solid progress, slow but sure is probably how most of us have done it  :bradsthumb:

torredcuda

:welcome: Being a real R/T SE I would keep the window plug in it just my  :alan2cents:
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

mtterry

Quote from: 70vert on July 29, 2021, 05:03:13 PM
Welcome!! That is some solid progress, slow but sure is probably how most of us have done it  :bradsthumb:
Yea, like I said. Buying a house, marriage, 2 kids, work has taken quite the toll.  But now Its easier for me to spend a thousand here and a thousand there for parts these days. I have about 7k saved up and make much better money now then I ever did. Time is the biggest limitation now.

mtterry

Quote from: torredcuda on July 29, 2021, 05:03:25 PM
:welcome: Being a real R/T SE I would keep the window plug in it just my  :alan2cents:
I don't think I'm putting the vinyl top back on and it may look odd. It's not a true parts restoration. I don't think I can even find every part if I tried. The whole car was apart when we bought it, so we aren't sure what went where, or what's missing.

Poolshark314

1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

dodgemania

mtterry

Quote from: Poolshark314 on July 29, 2021, 09:23:50 PM
Welcome from MD! Are you in NoVA?
No sir. I bought the car in Nova, but I'm in Virginia Beach.

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Welcome to the forum MTTERRY.  Good start on the SE.  That is what I have also.  Keep the rear window...........The SE cars are more rare.  Hope the headliner is there and in good shape, however....from the pics  don't know.  Looks like good work and steady gets the job done..........well almost, we are always working on them...........

First pic is what I started with.............

Second pic, what I ended up with. Most of the work done in the house garage. 

JS29

:welcome: Getting the part's, the wiring and other pieces for the overhead console to work can be a headache.  :headbang:  But is a cool feature when done and working.  :alan2cents:   

mtterry

Quote from: DAYLEY/CHALLENGER on July 30, 2021, 07:49:21 AM
Welcome to the forum MTTERRY.  Good start on the SE.  That is what I have also.  Keep the rear window...........The SE cars are more rare.  Hope the headliner is there and in good shape, however....from the pics  don't know.  Looks like good work and steady gets the job done..........well almost, we are always working on them...........

First pic is what I started with.............

Second pic, what I ended up with. Most of the work done in the house garage.
That's a good looking car. I don't think any of the headliner items are there. I won't get rid of the filler but, again I don't want the vinyl top. Yea we have done this all in our garage. We have a rotisserie though so that made the early stuff a bit nicer. Slow and ste....    I mean pick it up and do a bunch then leave it haha ...