Main Menu

new to site but not mopar

Started by moparx5, September 11, 2020, 06:28:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

moparx5

as always to busy to work on my cars but as always knowledge from others saves time . few pics of what I've got going on, I'll start some posts of the resto's  if i can find time, 

so my question is the challenger has the reverse light wire feeding threw the fire wall ,which in many diagrams it calls for the tach wire, im assuming it goes in the empty bottom spayed in the bulkhead connector for the engine harness ? of course that is the only harness i replaced and i guess i might have overlooked that because i did have the single wire through fire wall ? like i said others knowledge prevents smoke lol

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the forum @moparx5   :welcome:  Great cars!  :clapping:

What wiring harness did you use to replace the old harness?  This has some good info...

https://forum.e-bodies.org/electrical-and-audio/11/colored-wiring-diagrams-70-cudachallenger/1349/

moparx5

yes i looked at those diagrams ,,, the shows tach through fire wall the other has it with bulkhead connection, car is all original with 16k miles unfortunately orig owner threw a hemi in it and went drag racing so motor harness was a little chewed up , i believe the new one was from year one, like i said bottom left spayed connector slot is empty and from the diagrams i believe that's the tach 

Brads70

:welcome:  Sorry not much help with electrical but just wanted to say welcome to the site! Nice rides you have there!  :bradsthumb:

anlauto

Your tach wire should be in the main engine harness #20 at the bulkhead  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

moparx5

ya alan that's what i figured , not sure why new harness didn't have it,  hate to buy a new harness  (again), maybe i'll try sneak the wire up there it's def not a 100 point car

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama  :wave:
Looks like a couple of nice Ebodies !!

CudaMoparRay

cudamadd

JS29

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

nsmall

Awesome rides bro! Thanks for sharing.

dodgemania

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: and good luck with the finishing of those fine rides you've got!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"