Main Menu

New to the forum and looking forward to some help.

Started by Indiana Challenger Guy, July 27, 2021, 02:43:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Indiana Challenger Guy

I recently joined the forum and just went through 43 pages in the electrical section. I was amazed at all the knowledge. I have always dreamed of owning a 70 Challenger. I was fortunate enough to purchase one 30+ years ago. Unfortunately, I found out right away that the block was cracked and there were numerous untold issues with the car. So I put the car in a barn and life just seemed to get in the way. Well here I am; retired and wanting to drive my car. The VIN # tells me that the car was originally a 6 cylinder. When I bought the car it had a 440 six pack with 727 torqueflite and an 8 3/4 with 3:55 gears. The car has a rallye dash; but someone had cut a hole in into the face of it to install a Mallory tach. 😩. Since nothing is matching on the vehicle, my plan is to make it a RT clone.

I have a friend who has been in the business for years who has the car and is doing all the sheet metal work (which is quite extensive) and is going to put the car in paint. I have rebuilt a different motor (440 cu. in.), transmission, rear end, dash, radiator, heater box, K frame, and an assortment of a little bit of everything.

I disassembled the car 20+ years ago, long before the advent of digital cameras. I am excited about putting everything back together and I look forward to asking for a ton of help and advice from all the members.

I am attaching a picture of the car when I bought it and where it stands today. My hope is to be driving it next spring.

JS29

:welcome: Ask away, we like to help!  :handshake:

Indiana Challenger Guy

Maybe I will ask how to post a photo so it's not upside down. 😂

CudaMoparRay

Dakota

Welcome to the forum from Buffalo, NY.  70 Challenger here as well.  You'll find great help here.  I sure did, and still do. 

anlauto

Welcome to the best E Body website in the world, don't worry about the picture thing, everybody struggles with it now and again...
When I saved them on my computer, I usually rotate them and crop a little bit before saving and posting...seems to work for me :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

DeathProofCuda

:welcome:

Welcome to the site.  You are in good company around here.  There are a bunch of us, me included, that are still deep in the throes of restoring cars that we bought 30+ years ago.   :wrenching:

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site , sounds like a cool project  :bigthumb:

Indiana Challenger Guy

The car will be FC7. Not original color, but how can you go wrong with Plum Crazy Purple.

70vert

Welcome, and good luck.  :wave:
There is a wealth of knowledge here and folks are always willing to help, it is the best place for E-body info & assistance (as well as parts frequently).
I have posted many sideways photos, will try @anlauto 's tip the next time   :smile:

GoMangoBoys

Welcome to the forum.  If you are seeking help, THIS is the place to get it.  These folks have been invaluable to us in our first Mopar restoration. 

dodgemania

blown motor

Quote from: Indiana Challenger Guy on July 27, 2021, 03:02:17 PM
Maybe I will ask how to post a photo so it's not upside down. 😂

Welcome to the forum.
I assume you're using an iPhone to take pictures. They usually post sideways. Most of the time you can get around this by rotating your phone 90 degrees counter clockwise to take the picture. Otherwise, take the picture and then go into edit. rotate it 180* and click done. Then rotate it another 180*. Then it will usually post right side up. If you picture posts sideways or upside down click the modify button in the to right of your post, delete the picture and try again after editing the photo. Good luck with the car and the pictures.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Indiana Challenger Guy

It worked. I don't understand it, but it worked and that's what matters. Thanks for the advice. 😁

usraptor

:welcome: from Utah.  You'll get the help and answers :twothumbsup: you need here, just don't be afraid to ask.  My '70 'Cuda wouldn't be finished yet if it wasn't for all the friendly and knowledgeable help I got from the good members on this forum.