Main Menu

New to this site

Started by dodge1933, April 04, 2017, 10:26:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodge1933

Hi all. I see a lot of familiar screen names. Mopar Jack let me know about the site so I thought I would check it out. I received a lot of help and information on cc.com and after browsing around here I'm upset. Only because I should have started my project this year. The information here for building a e-body is off the hook. Thank you, Cody, and all who have contributed for this.  I will not be posting much as I am just about finish with the T/A project (still need the reverse lockout linkage and center carb over run solenoid hint, hint) But I will sponge up all the info I can. I do love to learn.
I like the Idea about letting people know who we are so here goes. My name is Mike, I'm 65 years young and originally hale from Kalamazoo, Michigan.  I moved out to SF Bay area in '77 bringing everything I owned including my '70 Duster with a 413 in it. The first year and a half I was here I finished that car for the drags on unemployment. Can't do that now. I am retired from Chevron after working over 30 years at the Richmond refinery. I am now building projects and finishing bucket list items. I currently have 3 Mopars in my stable. I will go from oldest to newest. As you may guess from my screen name the first is my '33 Dodge coupe with a Blown 440 motor. I nostalgia drag raced this car for a few years and in 2000 I then decided to rebuild it for the street. As you can see from the picture it still had the blown 440 in it. With the new motor and new paint my brother and I drove it cross country 6500 miles. The motor is now gone but a rebuilt old 392 is in the corner of the garage waiting it's turn. Next is the T/A I could not have finished without the help of people at cc.com, a lot whom are here. I bought this car in'79 and drove the s... out of it. Parked it in '93 and in 2013 I started the current project you see here. My new hot rod is a 2015 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker. Now this is the car I drive if I want to go fast. I've had it up to 164 mph (bucket list item) on my way to Mt. Rushmore (bucket list item). On the dragstrip, it turned 12.60 at 111 mph in drive. And to finish the testing trifecta the best dyno pull was 435 hp. I have a friend that always says when buying a new car that the fun wears out before the payment do, but I am determined to prove him wrong. Every time I step on it I can't get the grin off my face.
Thanks again Cody I believe this will be a great site.

1 Wild R/T

Welcome Mike!!!  Jack is a good man, spreading the word...

Cuda Cody

Welcome @dodge1933  glad you joined us and thank you @mopar jack  for being so awesome and spreading the good word about the site. 

LOVE the T/A Mike.  :inlove:  Absolutely wonderful car.  All your cars look fantastic.   :yes:  Super neat that you drove that '33 over 6,500 miles across the country.  Bet you had a blast!

J-Code Jeni

:welcome: & thanks for joining and sharing- you're a lucky guy! And you sound like you know how to have a good time too!!  :twothumbsup:  It's too cool you drove that car across the country with your brother!

Cuda Cody

Can we see some more photos of that beautiful T/A?   :please:

Tunis

:welcome: from Per in :sweden:
You have some cool cars!

mopar thunder

:welcome:  Glad you found the site. Wonderful people on here. I would have loved to have been in the 33' going through the Grand canyon area.

Brads70

:wave:  Welcome, great rides!

anlauto

Yes, welcome. E-Bodies.org is going to be a one-stop shop for technical information about E Bodies with a very user friendly set-up and a great group of guys. No need to go anywhere else :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rev-It-Up

Welcome to e-bodies.org Dodge1933! Great lineup of cars you have there and some great stories to go along with them.  :welcome:
Rev-It-Up

Spikedog08

Great story!  Welcome to the site!  :wave:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Jay Bee

303 Mopar

Welcome to the new site!  I love the '33?   :burnout:  The T/A isn't too bad either.   :banana:

RUNCHARGER

Welcome: Great story and great cars.
Sheldon

mopar jack

Dodge1933 is being somewhat modest about the trip in the 33 dodge. If you look at the picture you'll see the air scoop is mounted backwards. A achange he made after getting caught in a rain storm! That car would be brutal to ride in but i'm sure Mike smiled all the way there and back. Mike glad to see you made it to the site and got some pics up.