Main Menu

Newbee from Florida

Started by challengergary, November 22, 2022, 08:17:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

challengergary

Hey there - just signed up for this site.  Already a member of the FB group but trying not to be on FB so much anymore.  Main reason for signing up is I am FINALLY going to have my own E-Body once again!  It's been over 12 years since I owned one for myself, after owning at least 25 Challengers and 10 or so E-body Barracudas/Cudas to prior 27 years.

The car I am getting is another boomerang car for me - one that I owned in the past that is coming back to me :)  It is really nothing special to anyone but me since it will be mine.  It's a 71 that originally had a 198 /6 and 3 speed manual, fixed rear windows, and not many options to speak about.  I sold it to a fellow E-Body nut here in south Florida back in 2005 or 2006 before I moved to TX fr a while.  I have been after him to sell it back to me since I moved back in 2011.  Well, we finally came to terms and the car will be coming home to me in the next couple of weeks or so :)

Plans are to build a good, reliable driver using a modern powerplant, transmission, and of course, air conditioning.  Thinking about painting it GY3 but not entirely sure.

anlauto

Welcome Gary....Your plan sounds perfect to me ! :yes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Blowout

:welcome: cool story!  Great site to be a part of.

cudamadd

Brads70

Welcome! Were you over on the old site CC.com? Your screen name seems familiar?  :wave:

challengergary

Quote from: Brads70 on November 22, 2022, 12:33:03 PM
Welcome! Were you over on the old site CC.com? Your screen name seems familiar?  :wave:
Yep, that's me. Been going by this screen name for over 20 years now

JS29

Brads70

Quote from: challengergary on November 22, 2022, 01:04:04 PM

Ah, you made my stripe kit!  :bradsthumb:

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on November 22, 2022, 01:38:17 PM

Oh is this Gary from Top Flight Graphics ?  I'm Alan Gallant from Georgetown ON...you did my 392 Billboards on my 71 Cuda... :twothumbsup: Can't say enough about the quality of your products :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

WDO72

Welcome from Northern CA! Nice Challenger, and cool story.

usraptor

:welcome: from Utah.  Looking forward to watching your restoration :twothumbsup: "owning at least 25 Challengers and 10 or so E-body Barracudas/Cudas to prior 27 years."  :worship: Man that's a lot of E-bodies!  I feel fortunate to have my second one in 52 years.    :rofl: :cooldance:

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: Gary, and congrats on re-scoring your car.  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

challengergary

Quote from: anlauto on November 22, 2022, 01:54:47 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on November 22, 2022, 01:38:17 PM

Oh is this Gary from Top Flight Graphics ?  I'm Alan Gallant from Georgetown ON...you did my 392 Billboards on my 71 Cuda... :twothumbsup: Can't say enough about the quality of your products :worship:
Yes, that's me Alan.  Thanks for the kind words

challengergary

:deadhorse:
Quote from: usraptor on November 22, 2022, 03:36:34 PM
:welcome: from Utah.  Looking forward to watching your restoration :twothumbsup: "owning at least 25 Challengers and 10 or so E-body Barracudas/Cudas to prior 27 years."  :worship: Man that's a lot of E-bodies!  I feel fortunate to have my second one in 52 years.    :rofl: :cooldance:
Yeah, got my first 1971 Challenger in 1983 at 16 before I even had my license.  Sold it after high school to buy my first convertible Challenger (also a 1971).  From there I was never without a Cuda or Challenger for more than 6 months up until about 10 years ago when life situations put another one out of reach for me.

Here's just a few of the e-bodies I have owned through the years.  Sadly, I don't think I have any pictures of my first one.  My mom may have some in photo albums but not sure. 

anlauto

Well welcome aboard Gary, please stick around and participate, there's a great group of guys here and we could sure use someone with your knowledge and experience with E Bodies :twothumbsup: :drinkingbud: