Main Menu

Started by Chippa, April 07, 2017, 07:32:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chippa

Hi all,

New to the site but not to Mopars....recently sold my 69 440 Charger which i restored and owned for about 7 yrs and now have sellers remorse lol.... so looking for my next Mopar and hoping to get into a Cuda or Chally...

This was my pride and joy.....Cheers from Western Australia  :cheers:

Andrew

Jay Bee

:welcome: ...to the site from  :canada:

J-Code Jeni

:welcome: & what a beauty!  :lookatthat:  Did you complete the restoration yourself? She looks amazing!

We're glad you joined e-bodies.org! This group will surely provide you with encouragement to find your next new love soon!  :veryexcited:

Rev-It-Up

Welcome to the forum Chippa! Beautiful Charger. My brother owned a Charger growing up and that is how I fell in love with Mopars. Looks like a you did an awesome job on the resto.  :clapping:
Rev-It-Up

Chippa

Thx guys...yes i did a lot of the work myself but had someone re spray it for me....R4 red and white interior vinyl roof car from factory..was originally a 383 car....loved every minute of owning it and i will be keeping a close eye on the cars for sale section to hopefully find a good deal.
The painful thing for me is the currency conversion and then freight to Oz...

nsmall

Yes the charger hooked me to.  Dukes of Hazzard.

Be patient and you will find one.

Welcome.

As for finding a car maybe ask for advice on this site.

I know the prices are expensive over there but I'm thinking that it would be even more expensive to have a car shipped and trying​ to find the parts to restore it?

Good luck mate!

Brads70

:wave:  Welcome, I totally understand why you would have sellers remorse! Beautiful ride! Have fun hunting up a replacement! That's half the fun!  :D

JS29

:welcome:from :unitedstates: good luck with your search!!!

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site!  Wow beautiful charger . . . love the white interior!  Sorry to hear you had to sell . . .  good luck with your search for your new mopar! 

:wave:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

303 Mopar

Gorgeous Charger! I have a '68 and love Chargers! I sold my '71 Challenger a few years ago and it ended up in New Zealand. There are many Cuda and Challengers for sale here on the site and in US. Are you looking for anything specific (year, engine, auto/manual, options)? Are you expecting to ship it over there? What's your budget?

RUNCHARGER

Welcome: Nice car but there's always another one.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Thanks for joining us @Chippa   and sharing a photo of your awesome car!!!!!!   :banana:

Chippa

Quote from: nsmall on April 07, 2017, 07:54:23 AM
Yes the charger hooked me to.  Dukes of Hazzard.

Be patient and you will find one.

Welcome.

As for finding a car maybe ask for advice on this site.

I know the prices are expensive over there but I'm thinking that it would be even more expensive to have a car shipped and trying​ to find the parts to restore it?

Good luck mate!

Finding something decent in Australia can be achieved but you pay thru the nose for the convenience....Yes parts sourcing from Oz was always a pain in the butt....for example i bought a new Firecore ignition system for my Charger.....by the time it landed here in Perth it cost around 650-700 AUD....i recently also bought a new fuel sender float,gasket and lock ring from Summit...cost like 13 bucks usd....by the time it got to me it cost 59 bucks AUD ....
So looking to the mother Mopar land is worth it for me if i can find the right car.....freight and taxes will cost me around 6-7k AUD

Chippa

Quote from: 303 Mopar on April 07, 2017, 08:16:42 AM
Gorgeous Charger! I have a '68 and love Chargers! I sold my '71 Challenger a few years ago and it ended up in New Zealand. There are many Cuda and Challengers for sale here on the site and in US. Are you looking for anything specific (year, engine, auto/manual, options)? Are you expecting to ship it over there? What's your budget?

There are about i would say around 10-15 Chargers here in Perth.....a hand full of Cudas and maybe 15-20 Challys....this is a rough guide...My wish list is a 70-71 Cuda with Min 340 CI.. 4 speed car does not have to be a matching number car but hoping to find a car that has been a project and has had panel and paint already done etc mostly finished but a complete car to put back together so i dont have to source too many parts...i can swing spanners not a problem so its important i dont have to worry about body too much.

Maybe something that someone does not have the time for anymore or simply wants to head in another direction...but i'm open to everything that comes up for sale......my budget is not huge as i am only using some of the proceeds from my Charger for my next purchase...

I will have between 25-35k USD for the right car

Andrew :)

Chryco Psycho

Welcome Andrew
The right car will come along  :ohyeah: