Main Menu

Ok, fine.. I'll introduce myself

Started by NigelTufnel, September 16, 2022, 06:24:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

NigelTufnel

So this is like a Mopar Addicts or MoparAnonymous?... cool, I belong here.. so my name is Dick...Smart... yes that's my real name...

Long story short, I finally got my 71 Challenger back from paint prison and now I gotta put it back together.
My dad bought this car in 1983 and drove it everyday for 15 years back and forth to his job as a aircraft machinist in Tulsa Oklahoma. 
It's an early build car (Sept 09,1970) originally GY3, 318/904 with power top, white stripes, white interior and not much else.  It's got a '73 340(built by Tom Yeager) with a 727 and a 3.55 rear.   

Eventually I'll get her back on the road... I swear... before I'm 57... I'm 56 now :notsure:

Brads70

anlauto

Welcome to the best E Body website in the world :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Yup sounds like you fit right in with Mopars anonymous !
Welcome  :wave:

moreparts

Cool!  Another Californian!  We're starting to take over this board...and speaking of which, Welcome Aboard! 

cudamadd

Welcome Dick nice car and I hope she's on the road very soon . Glad you joined enjoy cheers  :australia:

Dakota

Great intro - you've got us pegged!    Welcome to the asylum from Buffalo,NY. :wave:

MoparLeo

moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Blowout

:welcome: from California as well. Great cars and your story!

70vert

Welcome! This site is a great place for info, fun, learning and amazement (:  I bought my 70 Challenger Convertible while living in Tulsa (about 40 years ago), now in Houston. Good luck finishing the build, and enjoy.

JS29

NigelTufnel

Quote from: 70vert on September 17, 2022, 08:04:53 AM
Welcome! This site is a great place for info, fun, learning and amazement (:  I bought my 70 Challenger Convertible while living in Tulsa (about 40 years ago), now in Houston. Good luck finishing the build, and enjoy.

Out of curiousity, what color is/was yer Challenger?... Red, black interior, Cragars.   I had a college buddy from Tulsa that had one. 

70_440-6Cuda

Welcome to the site - it is very addicting!  I have "lost" many hours coming through the information here.  Car looks great!
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

70vert

Quote from: NigelTufnel on September 17, 2022, 10:07:55 AM
Quote from: 70vert on September 17, 2022, 08:04:53 AM

Out of curiousity, what color is/was yer Challenger?... Red, black interior, Cragars.   I had a college buddy from Tulsa that had one.

It is a B5 Blue car. I got it in 1988, was sitting a guy's back yard rusting away (no drive train & no top). I did a "garage resto", then in 2008 had a full rotisserie done. It does have Cragars now (:

DeathProofCuda