Main Menu

Once and future Challenger

Started by T.Wrecks, June 16, 2021, 11:01:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

T.Wrecks

Hey everyone.
I owned 7 Challengers back when you could pick them up for $500 for parts. My garage has been empty since. I started looking to get one, which is how I happened upon this forum. With any luck, I'll be posting pictures and asking questions soon.

Skid Row

:welcome: Welcome to the "Best" E-Body site ever. Lots of help here...Good luck with your future purchase.

dodj

Quote from: T.Wrecks on June 16, 2021, 11:01:04 AM
Hey everyone.
I owned 7 Challengers back when you could pick them up for $500 for parts. My garage has been empty since. I started looking to get one, which is how I happened upon this forum. With any luck, I'll be posting pictures and asking questions soon.
Question #1 will be....why are they so expensive now?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

T.Wrecks

I know why. It's my fault. I sent all but 1 to the junkyard.
My apologies to the rest of you.

cudamadd

Welcome to the forum sounds like you have plenty of experience with ebodies . Just a sign of the times and popularity of the beautiful ebody and muscle cars in general. $$$  :australia:

CudaMoparRay

blown motor

Welcome to the site from Canada.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

ZippyZoo

Welcome from Colorado. 
Effort, PA - seems like a relatively short trip to "Carlisle Chrysler Nationals" in a few weeks might be a worthwhile experience....... 

T.Wrecks

Quote from: ZippyZoo on June 16, 2021, 07:39:17 PM
Welcome from Colorado. 
Effort, PA - seems like a relatively short trip to "Carlisle Chrysler Nationals" in a few weeks might be a worthwhile experience.......

I'm sure. I intend to go if my son isn't drifting that weekend.

JS29

:welcome:Are you looking for a project car or one that is done?  :handshake:

T.Wrecks

Quote from: JS29 on June 17, 2021, 06:49:33 AM
:welcome:Are you looking for a project car or one that is done?  :handshake:
Initially I was looking for a functional car that I could tinker with. Things were a little hectic and I wanted to be able to drive "NOW!"
But, my wallet decided a project car would better suit me.

anlauto

:haha: :headbang: I hate when that darn wallet gets in the way of a great plan... :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodgemania

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: and I'm a member of the days gone by club, too. Good luck in your search for a project!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

john dodge

yes welcome, its a great site with a wealth of knowledge, good luck with your search!!!