Main Menu

A new member from Hungary!

Started by cavemanno1, September 02, 2017, 03:06:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cavemanno1

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the invitation Cody!
I don't have a e-body but own a '68 Charger true r/t 4 speed,track pack car!
My very first car was a '69 Charger so you can see I live Mopars!
A few years ago saw a '70 340/4 speed Cuda that a friend of mine from Denver owns and I was hooked!I really would love to have a '70 Cuda.
You see over here we have 5-6 mopars all together.Never seen a Charger a Cuda in real life over here.
My '69 Charger was the very first in the country and that was in 2011!
Anyway,thanks again and a hope a can learn a lot from you guys!

All the best to everyone!

Peter,

Brads70

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Welcome from North Carolina.....USA............Chargers are great Mopars too....... :bradsthumb:

blown motor

Another welcome from Canada. A 68 Charger! Oh baby!!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Jay Bee

:wave: Welcome from St. Catharines, ON  :canada: 

JS29

RUNCHARGER

Welcome from B.C. Canada. You have good taste in cars.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Welcome @cavemanno1     :welcome:  Glad to see you here and looks like we need to add a new flag.   :banana:

I will let you know if I see any good Cuda projects and when I might be able to help you learn a little bit more about body work.    :handshake:

Cuda Cody

:hungary:  If you get a chance, poke a pin on your neighborhood.  I'm pretty sure you are our first member from Hungary.   :veryexcited:  https://forum.e-bodies.org/googlemap/

ec_co

:welcome: from Colorado! Chargers are my next favorite car
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

cavemanno1

Thanks Cody and everyone for the warm welcome!

Looks like a great bunch of people here as well.In Hungary, there are only 3 Challengers.A '70 convertible,a '71 318 and a '71 r/t 383 and only one '71 Barracuda.There are 3 '68 Chargers and 1 '69 Charger as well.There are some A bodies but they are project cars and won1t be on the road anytime soon.So as you can see we don't have a massive Mopar "collection".To be honest never seen a Cuda before seeing 303 mopar's Cuda.He has a '68 charger and helped me with advice on parts and such, really great guy!
Anyway, when I saw his Cuda something she looked so good next to the '68 and I fell in love.Then started to learn about e-bodies.Quiet confusing was all this barracuda cuda thing.Barracuda with 383-2 but cuda with 383-4 barrel and such.

When I bought our charger, I asked a good friend of mine outside of  Philadelphia if I could keep the charger there till I buy the parts I need.I literally spent 3 months solid buying parts every night after I put my 4-year-old to sleep.My head was spinning from all the parts because I was comparing various vendors prices and our car needed a lot.

Wanted to ship everything I needed with our car because buying from here is double the price by the time it gets here.
When we had our '69 Charger she needed a gas tank.Not a biggy you would think a $120, right?Got quoted for $400 for it.I was like wtf?So my brilliant wife had an idea why not bring it with us back from the States as we were there for 6 weeks on our honeymoon.
So 3 suitcases,2 full of front end and brake parts,and a gas tank we arrived at the airport.I'm thinking now way they are going to let me take a gas tank,brand new mind,on a plane.
But the lady at the desk only asked me if there were any moving parts inside and what was it.I said it was an aluminum water tank.She said that will be $40 have a nice flight  :rofl:

My family and I just got back from New York City a month ago and we came home with 2 suitcases full of parts and one for the clothes.My upper door pads I have bought were in my son's buggy.It was a good thing we brought the buggy because otherwise, I have no idea how we would have managed it!

One thing is for sure I don't miss looking for parts and buying them.Bloody mopar parts are so expensive.Over here I could have bought a 3-bed apartment what I have spent on our charger.The good thing is my wife understands me and she said as long as it's a RED car we can have a cuda :bradsthumb:

So here I'm now looking at learning about e-bodies!My upset the purist but my dream cuda would be a '70 with AAR hood,'71 grill but the '70 grill is okay.Strangely I don't like the '71-74 tail lights even though the '72-74 look a lot like the '68 Charger tail lights.Funny how the small details make or break what we like.

70/6chall

A great big MOPAR welcome,to you Peter from SoCal. This forum is a stellar place to be for MOPAR comraderie. I too owned a Charger at one time , a '69 model SE w/ 383, Auto on column. Bench seat interior, pull down arm rest. Yellow w/ bulk vinyl top.      Thanks,   Al

Cuda Cody

Great story!!!   :clapping:  You are hard core Mopar man.  Thanks for sharing your past and a little about yourself.  I can totally see you packing parts in to your suitcase and on the plane.   :drinkingbud:

cavemanno1

Thanks Cody.Hope I didn't bore anyone with my little story!My wife wasn't happy about me using 2 suitcases for parts but when I told her how much we were saving on shipping and taxes she said nothing!
Still packing for 10 days for 2 kids and a woman in one suitcase wasn't easy.

Wasn't a happy moment when we were leaving!

Cuda Cody

I'm so impressed.   :bravo:  That's the way you do it and you better do everything you can to keep that woman you have.  She's special.