Main Menu

Hello from the SF Bay Area

Started by IRON MAN, October 18, 2017, 12:32:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Welcome , Glad you made it over !!
Nice Chall & Cool AMX too  :bigthumb:

74 rallye

Welcome from Pennsylvania, Looks like you have a nice stable of horse power there! 
The only easy day, was yesterday

IRON MAN

I'm very restless. Here is another stable mate (Special Construction) I built from a tub. Equipment: 5.0, AOD, 4-link rear susp, 9" Ford axle,  PDB, PS, removable hardtop, True-spoke wire wheels, 3" aero-flow exhaust, etc

nsmall

Welcome.  Is it me or does it seem like there are more West coast folks here on this site?  I love your amx, they seem like angry little monsters.

What's your plan with the amx and challenger?  Not saying they "need" anything, just curious if you have any plans to cure your restlessness.

7212Mopar

1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Rev-It-Up

Welcome to the forum Iron Man!  Glad you made your way over!   :welcome:
Rev-It-Up

JS29

IRON MAN

Thanks for the warm welcome.

nsmall, As far as the AMX the  plan is to restore the car to its original glory. See pic. The Challenger will get some T/A goodies. An abs rear spoiler is on order and I plan to order a T/A hood. Looks like AARqualityfiberglass is in the running. Open to suggestions on the best hood. I have a pistol grip shifter from Auto-Grip for the 727. May go with Year Ones 17" stock looking wheels. The mods I do will be reversible and I will save the original parts. I've always liked hood scoops and spoilers no matter what model muscle car.

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada:  Nice cars, too!
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

nsmall

That AMX will look most excellent.

I've read finding AMX parts can be a real pain.

Ask @Roadman to help you.  He enjoys part hunting.

Topcat

Quote from: IRON MAN on October 18, 2017, 05:09:55 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Brad here are two pix of the 68 AMX the day I got it from an estate sale. It sat  in a garage from 1981 to 2014, with a blown head gasket . After the 91 year old original owner died, the nephew moved it outdoors and put a army canvas top on it. The wind caused the tarp to wear the factory skunk stripes off it and the original paint off all the high spots on the body, hood and trunk. Factory equip: PDB, a/c, ps, limited slip, automatic, 390, tach, console, factory torque links similar to traction bars, Dana 20 twelve-bolt rear, performance GO Package, am/fm, etc. The engine is on a stand in  the final stages of a complete rebuild. Pistons and cam are installed. Rebuilt dog-leg Heads have hardened seats installed with new polished ss valves.

I saw a close twin to this exact color AMX un-restored in a CNC shop in Santa Clara this Summer.